• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Major Command March Madness: NCAA Basketball Tournament Pick 'Em

mark

Awesome Player
I had Louisville to 16...but losing to Kansas. I'm just impressed you picked Richmond. That win saved my bacon in my 'real' bracket. No one in that pool picked either of the underdogs.

I just can't believe there are still people 8/8 out there.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Lol, you know why I picked Richmond? Two reason: 1) Vandy? Fuck Vandy, and 2) Richmond beat Syracuse as a 15-seed like a decade ago, and since I went to Georgetown, fuck Syracuse (they're our official rival).

I don't think I've ever done better on a first day. I guarantee the last time I did this well, I actually put time and effort into my bracket. I'm almost embarrassed, like the person that does their bracket based on which mascot would win in a fight.

mark

Awesome Player
See, again another reason I'm glad I went to a Div III. No rivalries to get in the way. I did an analysis of win/loss records, win streaks up to conference championship, etc. I've been doing that for years since ESPN had this article on it in 2002-2003.

I also checked it against Nate Silver's statistical analysis over at 538.com or NYT (not sure where it was written up)....of course my upsets didn't happen.

At least I still have 15 in the Sweet 16.

BTW, it felt great to see Penn St. lose. Those alumni are freaking annoying. Any school that has the saying "Why is the sky blue and white? Because God is a Penn State fan' should be hated just on principle.

mark

Awesome Player
Also not Ohio St or Pitt fan but I like winning rather than sticking to some weird fan loyalty/disloyalty thing.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I used Silver's numbers as the basis for my bracket (538 is now a blog of the NYT, btw), and just picked some marginal upsets. I definitely didn't put the thought I usually do into this (and I don't even really like basketball. I just like pickin' stuff).

And Mark, I agree whole-heartedly about Penn State. I went there my freshman year of college. PSU students and alumni truly are history's greatest monsters. In fact, zsp was actually banned solely because he goes to Penn State. True story.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Note to self: don't ever go to Happy Valley, Pennsylvania.

warneke

Awesome Player
Ugh, my brackets are sooooooo broken. If UofA had lost, I'd be having a heart attack. Can't ever trust them, especially after that one year when they blew their lead and lost to Ill. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Ha, my brother is going to Penn State. I'll be sure to punch him for everyone. I'm sure he's done something to deserve it, anyway.

mark

Awesome Player
I used Silver's numbers as the basis for my bracket (538 is now a blog of the NYT, btw), and just picked some marginal upsets. I definitely didn't put the thought I usually do into this (and I don't even really like basketball. I just like pickin' stuff).

And Mark, I agree whole-heartedly about Penn State. I went there my freshman year of college. PSU students and alumni truly are history's greatest monsters. In fact, zsp was actually banned solely because he goes to Penn State. True story.

Yeah, Silver's great with politics but he really just picked the top seed. I won't be surprised if I lose because I didn't use his upsets and picked mine instead. Ahh well, maybe next year I'll have more time to watch college ball like I did when I was young and irresponsible.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
And there goes my bracket. Granted, I never expected to win by picking Pitt to go all the way (picking with the heart 'n' all that). But come on!

Clearly, the game was rigged because people have the hots for the underdog.

mark

Awesome Player
Mine's gone too. I had them #2. At least I made it to Saturday this year. I was out of it by Friday last year. Someday I'll make it to the second week. ;-)

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I seem to recall picking Pitt to lose in the bloody finals.... sigh. I knew that start was too good to be true.

And to add insult to injury, for the second year in a row Georgetown lost by double-digits to a very low seed. Just shoot me in the brain please.

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
to be honest, im not 100% how im doing, but im coming 3rd (i think thats good), i have pick perfectly for the western conference (so far) and i have lost one of my final 4 (darn pittsburg) interesting format though! :D, i like it

coolname

Awesome Player
As a bottom dweller (I'm 8th out of 8), I'm clinging to the fact that I have the highest number of possible points (166). Leader Sam has 118 possible points, largely due to Pitt losing.

warneke

Awesome Player
Maybe there is yet hope for me....I see I'm no longer the runaway loser.

Ah, today's the day to see if the Cardiac Cats make it. Just shoot me now.

warneke

Awesome Player
Maybe my bracket isn't entirely busted.....

Oh, and of course GOOOOOOO CATS!!!

mark

Awesome Player
My brackets are decimated. But, from what I can tell, we all suck at this.

Between the last week of MajCom games and this horrible showing I think I should take a break.

Of course, instead I am doubling down on more MajCom and Fantasy Baseball. Don't anyone ever say I am a sore loser. I'd just love to know the feeling of being a gracious winner. :)

warneke

Awesome Player
After today, Pizzetto is the only one with any hope. But, holy cow, what a Cinderella story!!

Pizzetto

Awesome Player
So the best any of us could do is pick one final four team....worst league ever. At least there has been an amusing aspect to it.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
So the best any of us could do is pick one final four team....worst league ever. At least there has been an amusing aspect to it.

I heard tonight that of the 5.9 million brackets submitted to espn.com, only two had the entire final four correct. Just unreal.