• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom Fantasy Baseball!

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
While you watch your NCAA bracket implode over the next couple weeks, why not spend some time perfecting an MLB draft list?

Join the MajCom Bush League and add to your fantasy sports overload!

Password is "classicmassive"

The league is currently a 6x6 (six batting stats, six pitching stats), head-to-head format with up to 12 teams.

The draft is live, currently set for Saturday, March 26th, but you can always just create a custom draft list, and it will automatically pick for you. I can change all of this before the league starts, so I'm open to suggestions.

The season starts on the 31st. This is the only way to make baseball interesting!

Also, I apologize for using Yahoo! again. But I thought well, if you signed up for the NCAA bracket, you're already halfway there? eh? (or you can use a Google or Facebook account)

Join up!

Last edited:

mark

Awesome Player
I'm in. Never done head-to-head....been a decade since I did any roto at all.

Is Nolan Ryan still playing?

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I think you just missed him.

Head-to-head is, I think, the most popular format these days. The advances of online and computer league managers make the score keeping a lot easier.

mark

Awesome Player
Like I said, been a few years.

Looks like we can't setup an auto-draft until four teams are on and the commish authorizes. I can't be there in person for the the draft so I've gotta set it up remotely.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Who is Smu-Tang Clan? smunzimus?

Some notes from your Fearless Commissioner:

1. We need an even number of teams for the draft and league to start.

2. Can anyone make the live draft on Saturday? Or should I just change the draft to Auto-pick? That is, we all just make a list of our ideal draft order (or just use the default), and the server runs it, giving us our highest ranked, still-available player each round.

3. Remember, this is a head-to-head league. You win each week by winning the most categories. So make sure you have a good balance of hitting and pitching.

smu

Awesome Player
Nope - I'm the Clan! It's been my traditional fantasy team name for years ...

I prefer live draft, if it's good for everyone else

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
good idea here samular. I've been playing roto leagues for a decade or so but I don't think I'll have the time for either a live draft. Best of luck.

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
what the hey, ill give it a crack

now...... anyone want to give me some tips? :p

EDIT: would it be a good idea if you made the draft around when the rtr night is, we will all be online around then :D
p.s. can you also give us a 24 hour warning when it will be :D

Last edited:

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
yeah, im stuggling with how this whole draft baseball thing works :(
is there a link to some instruction you can give me :D

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
In the good ol' USA, professional sports teams usually have a "draft" every year to pick up new players who are coming into the league. The teams then take turns picking players for their teams, and obviously, teams can't pick the same player.

That is pretty much how fantasy baseball works: There is a draft, and once someone else picks a player, you can't get them (unlike in Supercoach). Also, no dollar values. You just construct the best team that you can with what's left. It shouldn't be too hard to get to get a solid team, since our little league is so small.

You can also pick up players throughout the season, or trade with other teams for players.

If you google "head to head fantasy baseball tips," I'm sure that will yield a lot. I'm not really an expert, and I've been out of it for a couple of years.

Last edited:

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I bumped the draft time to Saturday at 8:00pm, which I think is toward the beginning of RTR2. If you can't make the live draft, it will automatically pick for you, based either on the default player rankings, or the rankings you make up.

I also tweaked it so that you have to set your team for the week at the beginning of the week. Don't want to penalize managers who don't have time to adjust their line-ups every single day.

mark

Awesome Player
Sounds good. I made some tweaks to my draft but not many. I'm going to use this as a way to get back into baseball. Fantasy ball gives me a reason to care. ;-)

Also good about the line ups...I can't keep up with this, MajCom, and real life. ;-)

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I'd really like two more people in this thing.

Any RTR stragglers want to drop in?

smu

Awesome Player
If we can't get any additional teams, how about we boost the number of players (both active and bench) per roster to compensate? Otherwise, everyone is going to have a team of all-stars

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Hell devils. It won't let me change any settings now.

lh34

Awesome Player
Who is who in the league, because I hardly recognize any names or e-mail's?

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
samular
mark
lh34
Thunderous
smu
coolname

Only six :(
I planned on trying to drum up some more support, but these past few days have been quite rough for me. So ehh.