• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

I'm just a super dope homeboy from the oaktown

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
(The MC Hammer bobblehead doll above my monitor just looked down at me and smiled.)

This is your Shepherd. I am here to do what I can, make maps and medals and such when I have time, and (more importantly) help all of you develop your own.

I was somewhere else doing what I could, but that place got stale and I conked out. This is fresh, exciting and new. Come aboard, we're expecting you.

Corporeally I am on the left coast. I am old enough to have actually worn hammer pants, but I didn't.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Awesome. Our very own Sureno vs. Norteno war on MC.
Incandenza13 vs. Shepherd14

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
I'm also in Norcal. Mad props. I was in Oakland not too long ago actually, last month with my daughter.

murphy16

Awesome Player
I will be in San Diego from December 5th to the week of March 5th!

MrBenn

Awesome Player
You forgot to mention that you think pink!

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
In my youth I used to have fun with the whole SoCal v. NorCal thing, but I've come to realize how much more nuanced it is. For starters, most of Northern California (geographically speaking) doesn't consider the Bay Area to be a part of Northern California... folks in Redding feel they have about as much in common with Oaklanders as they do with New Yorkers. And having lived in Santa Barbara for a while, I felt that life there was more akin to life in the Bay Area than it was to life in LA... except for all the botox and boob jobs.

California is blessed with many things: great weather, world class skiing, surf, great food, fresh produce, open space, progressive thinkers, vibrant urban life, art, etc. Where one chooses to live in California depends on which of these things one holds most dear. I could live in LA and totally get into the weather and the performing arts scene, but instead I like being two and half hours from Tahoe and Yosemite.

So while yes, we supply SoCal with water, and while it pisses us off that it takes ten times as long for Sacramento to provide the political will to fix a freeway or a bridge up here, I wish that San Francisco had banked-track roller derby or Point Break Live. Fortunately the flight is less than an hour.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
False. We Nor-Californians own you, we supply your water.

horse hockey. SoCal steals a high percentage of their water and almost all of their electricity from the Colorado River and the Glen Canyon dam. In other words, from the states to the east.

jprocwalk

Awesome Player
horse hockey. SoCal steals a high percentage of their water and almost all of their electricity from the Colorado River and the Glen Canyon dam. In other words, from the states to the east.

Lol I confess I was not expecting someone so aquatically informed. So Cal actually is a very nice part of the world, I think preference is determined by where you are raised. I think Nor Cal v. So Cal is a fun tradition though, as long as it doesn't come to bruises and bullets...

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I think Nor Cal v. So Cal is a fun tradition though...
Yeah, it's the two prettiest girls in the school arguing about who is prettier. All the ugly states look at us with envy and wonder why we're arguing. ;)