• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

ideas for map

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
One little point I'd like to make - not a criticism of anyone in any way - is that I think it's important to remember that everyone here is an amateur, even the map-making "pro's" in as much as no one is on the payroll or is under any obligation - it's all done in their spare time simply for the joy of being part of the creative process - and spare time can be hard to come by...

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I love the majcom style of maps, they all seem to have a majcom kind of look. I've never really tried other risk communities because I'm content here :p What's your first language? For some reason I kind of detected russian or eastern-european but I thought it might be rude to ask out of the blue ;P Which of the many earth languages is your first?

Back on topic, it's great that we have people who spend their time here without getting $$$ and it's great that you are putting time into contributing ideas! Hopefully there might be some put into games in months or years, however long it takes I'm here for the long run!

OneEyed

Awesome Player
I love the majcom style of maps, they all seem to have a majcom kind of look. I've never really tried other risk communities because I'm content here :p

except 4-5 maps all maps here have thier style. and it is good to have these 4-5 for any alteration.
What's your first language? For some reason I kind of detected russian or eastern-european but I thought it might be rude to ask out of the blue ;P Which of the many earth languages is your first?

you hit the nail :). I am from Slavakia and sometimes it is realy hard to understand what is joke (irony) or what is not.
Back on topic, it's great that we have people who spend their time here without getting $$$ and it's great that you are putting time into contributing ideas! Hopefully there might be some put into games in months or years, however long it takes I'm here for the long run!

yes each mapmaker or each man who help to make map (ideas, gameplay) make it in his free time. all the more thanks them for this.

OneEyed

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Woah I guess your rough nationality just by the way you typed, I'm a champ ;P

Which 4-5 maps were you speaking of that have their different style? Some maps are a little different but they all seem to have the majorcommand feel to it (I might be a little bias, I've been here for way too long (-: )

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hi OneEyed,

Glad to have you around. Everything that has been said so far is correct. We definitely prefer high quality maps over a large amount of maps. And any new map will be carefully considered.

As you might know, the site is currently being upgraded to fix current problems and add new features. So really there are two options when it comes to new maps. ->

1 - First is to release a map under the current site rules, which is tedious and limited. But everyone likes new maps.

2 - Second is to wait for the rebuild, which should make things easier, and have more options. But that means waiting....

So neither option is perfect. Currently I think most our mapmakers are waiting for the rebuild. But I'm not totally opposed to releasing something sooner either. It all depends how much work the map maker wants to do, and if the players want something soon....

Unfortunately I do not know much about the map making process. So if any new maps were to be made before the site rebuild, it would have to be under the guidance of Shep, Widows, or one of the other experts. I think the best thing is to keep the ideas alive, and have a discussion to see which option is the best. Thanks!

OneEyed

Awesome Player
Glad to have you around. Everything that has been said so far is correct. We definitely prefer high quality maps over a large amount of maps. And any new map will be carefully considered.

I like MC idea tohave less but better maps.
As you might know, the site is currently being upgraded to fix current problems and add new features. So really there are two options when it comes to new maps. ->

yes, I read something. but what a uppgrades? game mechanic (gameplay possibilities)? if yes, the new features in gameplay are allways welcome.
1 - First is to release a map under the current site rules, which is tedious and limited. But everyone likes new maps.

2 - Second is to wait for the rebuild, which should make things easier, and have more options. But that means waiting....

So neither option is perfect. Currently I think most our mapmakers are waiting for the rebuild. But I'm not totally opposed to releasing something sooner either. It all depends how much work the map maker wants to do, and if the players want something soon....

I want to do Peloponnesian War map with no complex gameplay, so current rules are fine.
I have no problem to work on map, but I need any help and advance from any cartographer here, becuase I know a little about map progress here.
Unfortunately I do not know much about the map making process. So if any new maps were to be made before the site rebuild, it would have to be under the guidance of Shep, Widows, or one of the other experts. I think the best thing is to keep the ideas alive, and have a discussion to see which option is the best. Thanks!

then I am looking forward to any inputs from Shepherd or Widowmaker. or another cartographer. it seems that much depends on them if new map has any future.

OneEyed