• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[Idea] Day/Night

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
The full moon thingy in the introduction inspired me to the next thing, imagine:

Odd rounds are day, even rounds are night.
2 types of commands, one is active during day, other is active during night, both types have the same commands.
Could get interesting because one round you'll have like 7 troops to deploy & the next it would be 3
a command is only active once / 2 rounds this way, which could lead to interesting gameplay.

Theme could go zombie vs humans or smth (so zombie gets troop bonuses at night & humans during day).

Feel free to discuss :p

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I've wanted to see this happen as a map rule for ages... but I've never found the right idea to push it. I'd also like to see the map actually change from round to round - day/night, summer/winter, etc.

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
i love the idea!

GOGO start make it!

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
This is more of a feature request, is this thread going to develop an actual map, or simply develop a rule?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Like shep, this rule has been on my mind for ages. Day/Night Vampire/Zombies map would be awesome. So would seasons... get those resources before the winter!

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
This is more of a feature request, is this thread going to develop an actual map, or simply develop a rule?
I'm willing to see where kows wants to take this. It's such a good idea it deserves a good map to go with it.

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I think it is interesting!

FLAGG

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Here are Two ideas

1)I like the day and night zombies map. 2 rounds = 1 day and 2 rounds = night (or something like that)
Players fight during the day to gather resources and build bigger strongholds, then at night try to fend off from the zombies (with are Infected Neutral bots = New rule as well).

2) Seasons every two rounds a season changes. Resources and territories change bonuses depending on the season. Possible different borders and connections due to varying geographical aspects. 4 different map images as well.

Those are just two quick ideas. Lots of different ways to run this.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
We could engineer the map rule so that the creator sets the length of day/night/season. For some maps it might make more sense to be longer, especially if it's a long winter with a slow decay of troops over time.

There are lots of idea here - somebody grab one and run with it!

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
To keep on topic we should stick to day/night. Let's try to narrow down a location, a desert maybe, or a fictional place? I like desert because of the pronounced differences in day/night there. Vastly different temperatures, wildlife, orientation.

One element that would play very well in this would be FOW.

I think we need 3 basic things to make this work well.
1) Fog
2) Killer neutrals
3) Multiple map images

Fog represents darkness, kind of a no-brainer. Killer neutrals could represent wildlife/zombies/a canyon you fall into, etc.

Let's also remember this map is going to be a fairly long term goal. I don't want people thinking we can pump this out in a week. New rules take time, and we're still in Beta.

Last edited:

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
But what changes between day and night? Bonuses? Connections? what?

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
my idea initially was to switch just the bonusses , to not overcomplicate it, as I'd first like to see how this can be a gameturner.
Map could be a city divided into importants building like town center, marketplace, library, ...
Infested (= zombie) building would need a specific look then & these command bonusses only count at night.

I like the idea of killer neutrals,
maybe you could make this feature that neutral zones make surrounding troops decay.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
But what changes between day and night? Bonuses? Connections? what?

Fog would obviously be on at night, off during the day. Killer neutrals would be activated at night, off during the day. There would be a different map image for day and night. I don't think connections need to change, although they could.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I like the idea of a Light vs Dark (or Good v Evil) themed map. Could have zombies, vampires, werewolves etc on the dark side, and corresponding people on the light side. Perhaps barbarian, healer, rogue, stuff like that. Each player could be a different "race" with each one having some kind of bonus to them. Like maybe zombies can turn a small amount of enemy troops each turn, and vampires can only come out at night but have some whopping bonus % added to their dice calulations. Light side could have an inherent damage bonus to dark side players and vice versa. You could even have different looking troop containers for each race, like a skull with fangs for vamps, or an ankh symbol for the monks. Lots to work out here, just throwing out some ideas for something a bit different.