• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[Idea] Capital and Expansion Game Play

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I had been thinking... in the old days when there are no planes, the troops are only deployed areas that are accessible - not ones that are remote and away from resources/main base (without a path)

In this idea, the maps would still be randomly distributed (or we can make a map for it - myself would prefer ancient China), and players are allowed to choose two capitals (or a choice of another setting to be one capital). This means in the first turn they can only deploy on the capitals, and self-owned or allied regions that has a path to the capital, reinforcements and no assaults.

Around the map can be a few resources with neutrals. If you take over a resource, that will turn into a capital/base. Then you can use that as a capital and deploy anything that has a path to that region.

If you take over a capital of an enemy, you can use it.

If a player has no more capitals, they lose and their troops outside turns neutral.

I could come up with other details if anyone needs clarifying.

Inputs?

KFD

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
interesting. capitals is alwasy something ive wanted to do at some point but i never looked into how it would work. i love the idea of being able to cut off a player from their capital and thus limiting reinforcements, thats just awesome.

not sure abouthe resources tho... that sounds like something else all together.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Well, it depends if you are looking at a gameplay option, or a special map feature.

If you use it as a game play option, Neutrals can be randomly assigned outposts (let's change the name to outposts from resources), and when a player takes over it, he can utilize it as a base.

If you use it as a special map feature, it is the same thing, except the neutral outposts are set in a region.

In more simpler terms - resources/outposts are a neutral capital for people to take.

VictorSullivan

Awesome Player
Bado, are conditional auto-deploys a possibility? That would easily make a nerfed version of KungFuDuet's idea possible. Basically, it would be coded such that the auto-deploys would only be activated if they connected back to a capital. So, in a manner of speaking, it would be what KFD suggests, though the capitals would have to be designated starting positions and deployable bonuses would still be able to be deployed anywhere (if any deployable bonuses are added).

-Sully

steelrain

Awesome Player
Castlevox has something similar to this already. Castles are worth additional resources. Troops can only be deployed at castles. Captured enemy castles can be used to deploy troops. When all enemy castles are captured the game is over.

http://sillysoft.net/vox/

Steelrain

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Castlevox has something similar to this already. Castles are worth additional resources. Troops can only be deployed at castles. Captured enemy castles can be used to deploy troops. When all enemy castles are captured the game is over.

http://sillysoft.net/vox/

Steelrain

The problem is, when the castle is landlocked, you can't attack anymore.

Here I am proposing a "Capital" and "regions that has path to capital" gameplay - ie they can deploy on capital and regions linked to capital.