• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[IDEA] Andorra

svenska18

Awesome Player
Hey everyone,
Another map idea here, I noticed how we only have one small map (Classic MINI) and thought it would be cool to have another for quick and/or small games. So here is my idea. Andorra is a small country between France and Spain, it has a lot of natural mountain ranges and rivers so barriers between territories wont be a huge problem. lemme know what you think.
-Svenska18-

Note: I did not create any of these maps/pictures.

Attachments

• andorra_map.jpg
    andorra_map.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 87
  • andorra_political.gif
    andorra_political.gif
    287.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Andorra_1.jpg
    Andorra_1.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 75
  • andorra_political_2.png
    andorra_political_2.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 72
  • andorra rivers.gif
    andorra rivers.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 76

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
You're right, we could definitely use another small map or two, though andorra doesn't exactly blow me away, if for no other reason than that it's kind of a boring country (no disrespect to any andorrans out there). I'm a fairly well-read fellow, but I couldn't tell you anything particularly interesting about the place. Maybe a country with a bit more flair, like the Vatican, or something that's not a country, an interesting city or something.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I tend to agree with Inc, though I could be persuaded to support it if the gameplay looked good. Right now I see the country split into just seven regions - too many commands for a small map, though not nearly enough regions. I agree that the terrain does have nice impassables, but so would any country. And i think we could make an equally suitable map out of France or Italy and generate much more interest.

svenska18

Awesome Player
That's a good point, I'll search around for something with more appeal and post it on this thread.

svenska18

Awesome Player
alright I came up with a few ideas for small maps. Images are attached for each one

1. Venice Italy. Personally I think this is the best idea of the two. It has a very nice, yet simple layout and most of its districts are already separated by water. just need to divide these districts into smaller territories. Then we just need to add a few connections and/or ports. Maybe a renaissance theme?
2. Korean peninsula. Either modern day or maybe post korean war theme to the map. Have a strip of a few territories between the two Korea's that is the DMZ and resets to neutral after every turn. Then have a port or two linking the norther parts of north korea to the southern parts of south korea so that the DMZ isn't the only way across the map. Then just divide both korea's into territories and bonuses.

Attachments

• korea.jpg
    korea.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 76
  • venice 1.jpg
    venice 1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 71
  • venice 2.gif
    venice 2.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 66
  • venice 3.jpg
    venice 3.jpg