• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

I want to organize a tournament

Restrepo

Awesome Player
Wow, I don't think they just hand that stuff out. Maybe you will have to apply for the job when MC goes public and theres more players or they just keep that stuff within Centcom. It's alot of trust to put in a turnament organizer so don't expect to get that level of trust after just a couple months of playing on the site.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Actually it is something we will just be handing out.

Here is the plan, once Clans are open an public, which should be next week, I will set up a social Tournament Organizers clan. It will be open to everyone and those who join will have TO priveleges.

There are 10 levels of privileges and each level allows for larger and more complex tournaments. The first few levels are automated and you will advance after you successfully run a few tourneys.

So yeah, we definetly want to see a ton of TO's in the coming weeks.

coolname

Awesome Player
Here is the plan, once Clans are open an public, which should be next week, I will set up a social Tournament Organizers clan. It will be open to everyone and those who join will have TO priveleges.

How will the Clans be working? What is their purpose? And will tournaments only be open to Clan-members? Can you join several Clans? Questions, questions...

Daan

Awesome Player
How will the Clans be working? What is their purpose? And will tournaments only be open to Clan-members? Can you join several Clans? Questions, questions...

Yeah... I'm also curious about the clans

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
ust some basic info, more to come in the wiki.

THere are two types of clans, competitive and social. Social clans can be formed for anyreason, just people who like playing together, just for Germans, whatever. You can be in as many social clans as you like. Competitive clans will be like a team, and will compete in clan challanges. you can only be in one competitive clan at a time.

All clans will get their own clan pages and forums.

mapguy

Awesome Player
Will there be some kind of restriction that hinders clan-mates from collusion, in regular multi-player games ?

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
i play with my real life friends, and against them, all the time on majcom. we never comit collusion, in fact we quite often attack each other first because we know each other and our skill levels and percieve each other as larger threats than unknown players. I see no reason that being clanmates would increase the chances of collusion. If you want to do so, you could arrange it by private messaging or in game diplomatic messages hidden from your opponents just as easily as through clan system communication. I see games amongs clanmates as being competetive, but not necesarily in an underhanded or cheaing way.