• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

I have lost my patence waiting my entire turn for the dice to refresh!

Cavil

Awesome Player
I have lost my patience waiting my entire turn for the dice to refresh!

I have lost my patence waiting my entire turn for the dice to refresh! I lose my advantage when I skip several turns in a game waiting for dice to freeze and refresh. Or, the armies don't show on the map and you have to refresh again!!! I really enjoy playing risk, but not at this site.

Last edited:

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Hi Cavil,
In what browser are playing?
Funny enough, I also have some issues when playing in Firefox or IE, but am having a great experience in my IPad with Puffin Browser.
Maybe you should have it a try before saying Goodbye

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeadGirl

Awesome Player
I reccomend playing the casual games Cavil. I haven't played realtime for a long time but they always used to be buggy. Casual games are completely fixed now.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Oh, patience.

I thought your title was patents. Since patents take 15 or so years to expire, i was worried.

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
dont refresh when the other players are moving since u wont see the troops, just refresh or duplicate once your turn starts, just a tip

Upvote 0

Cavil

Awesome Player
It's frustrating to have an advantage, only to lose it because the game freezes. I use Internet Explorer that came with Windows 8.1.

Upvote 0

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Suggestions have been provided. If you are interested in a better game experience it would be wise to try them out. Or sit back and wait for the site to be recoded. Real time games are a struggle in the meantime no matter what you do.

Upvote 0

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I find Chrome works miles better than IE

Upvote 0

Cavil

Awesome Player
On the Internet Explorer 11 Browser. Internet Options, HTTP settings, I unchecked the SPDY/3 box. Seems to working much better.

Upvote 0

Cavil

Awesome Player
The last two games, I was forced to refresh when I was in a solid position, only to not be able to finish my turn. The last game I played, I had to do that twice in one turn. Is it possible that other players are manipulating the game play? I know that at www.pogo.com you could play as many players as you had Internet Browsers. Just sayin'

Upvote 0

DeadGirl

Awesome Player
It's not possible that other players are manipulating the game that way. Realtime games have been buggy for a long time unfortunately, but if you stick around (and play casual games) I think you'll find that the quality of the maps, the quality of the competition, and the helpfulness of the community make this better than any other Risk site. (I tried a bunch before I found my home here.)

Upvote 0

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Sending messages during a turn can make the lag worse and if you want to be "that guy" you can flood someone with messages to mess up a real time turn. But don't be "that guy". :)

Upvote 0

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I use Internet Explorer that came with Windows 8.1... On the Internet Explorer 11 Browser...

Well, there's the problem - IE! No matter what version - forget IE in any version or the new 'edge' - whatever.

I am a big Firefox user, except for MajCom. I always play in Chrome whether I am on Windows or Linux. I never have any problems at all & play every morning & night.

Well, okay, I've never used 'edge', but given the ridiculous way IE renders web site code, one can only have an attitude about windows browsers! Although they are getting better, and it's about time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cavil

Awesome Player
Thanks for the PM. To many issues to pay money to play at this site... It's cheap entertainment. When I'm in a losing position, I manipulate who wins. Fun for me anyway. I won't use other browsers. I updated to Windows 10 and Edge. Shrugs. It works or it doesn't.

Well, there's the problem - IE! No matter what version - forget IE in any version or the new 'edge' - whatever.

I am a big Firefox user, except for MajCom. I always play in Chrome whether I am on Windows or Linux. I never have any problems at all & play every morning & night.

Upvote 0

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The games here are better than anywhere else. So much better that inconvenience is worth suffering.
I have been having a little difficulty with Firefox on Fedora 21 recently. Nothing to stop my enjoyment, but enough to make me look at what might be causing the issue. I don't know enough to have found the problem. And I'm nowhere near the solution!
I'm going to have to try Chrome. I am British. I have grave misgivings about empires. A little ironic given that I love world domination, but whaddyagonnado??

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The best PEOPLE are here mate!! Seriously! It's incredible, but this place gathers friendly, inteligent, interesting and knowledged people.
It's not just about the game, which is amazing and a lot better than traditional Risk.

Any time you need help you will find members willing to help. Just pay attention to this... It is a top level community.

Having said that, let me reinforce my suggestion: try Puffin for Ipad! It runs reaaaally smoothly. In fact that has become my main browser.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The last two games, I was forced to refresh when I was in a solid position, only to not be able to finish my turn. The last game I played, I had to do that twice in one turn. Is it possible that other players are manipulating the game play? I know that at www.pogo.com you could play as many players as you had Internet Browsers. Just sayin'

Yes, we're changing the whole game engine so this won't be an issue in the future. I'm not informed enough to describe the technical details, but what I'm told is that the new code will serve the game to your browser in a totally different way. No refreshing, no stalls, nothing. Just instant satisfaction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Yes, we're changing the whole game engine so this won't be an issue in the future. I'm not informed enough to describe the technical details, but what I'm told is that the new code will serve the game to your browser in a totally different way. No refreshing, no stalls, nothing. Just instant satisfaction.

so all you delayed gratification fans can bog off!

Upvote 0

DeadGirl

Awesome Player
I'm using Opera now, and the experience is perfect. Firefox also worked well in the past.

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Hey Sheriff,
Sorry to quickly hijack the thread, but could you tell us what are the implementations being currently done?

Upvote 0