• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

hey yo Risk People!

Mr-red

Awesome Player
I'm Mr.red, and I have played the original Risk game since I was a little boy. I absolutely LOVE IT :congrats:

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Welcome! I too played quite a bit of the game as a youngster (and, well, ever since). The first game I ever played had those little wooden cubes for armies, I think it was a set from the 70's. :D

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Never played risk on a normal board game. And i would really love to give it a go!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Never played risk on a normal board game. And i would really love to give it a go!

I used to play a lot of Risk and loved it. Then I played a lot of online type Risk and loved it. Then I play Risk on the boardgame again and was like "WTF? This is boring!"

Waiting around for an escalating kill is much better done in 5 minute increments.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I too give welcoming greetings to Mr-red..

and let me say as well, that you are sporting an awesome avatar!

Welcome! I too played quite a bit of the game as a youngster (and, well, ever since). The first game I ever played had those little wooden cubes for armies, I think it was a set from the 70's. :D

I too played with the blocks... and i've got news for you inc, by the 70's, it was ALL plastic..
i still have a 1963 game, brand new, that i found at a garage sale for $2... ohhh was i ever happy :)
More recently i found one from 1959... almost the same as the '63 version, but there are little differences... another happy day :)

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I too give welcoming greetings to Mr-red..

and let me say as well, that you are sporting an awesome avatar!

I too played with the blocks... and i've got news for you inc, by the 70's, it was ALL plastic..
i still have a 1963 game, brand new, that i found at a garage sale for $2... ohhh was i ever happy :)
More recently i found one from 1959... almost the same as the '63 version, but there are little differences... another happy day :)

I thought they rereleased a wooden edition. Wasn't int he shape of a book or something?

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I thought they rereleased a wooden edition. Wasn't int he shape of a book or something?

Yes, in more recent times, Target sold their Bookshelf games which have the wood blocks (i have 2 of these)...
Also, the awesome ONYX Edition had the wood blocks too (i have one of these too) :angel:

But nothing with wood blocks in the 70's, the 80's, or the 90's.

Last edited:

mapguy

Awesome Player
Yes, in more recent times, Target sold their Bookshelf games which have the wood blocks (i have 2 of these)...
Also, the awesome ONYX Edition had the wood blocks too (i have one of these too) :angel:

But nothing with wood blocks in the 70's, the 80's, or the 90's.
They came out with the first plastic set in the early 70's. I remember going to buy a new set in 1974 to supplement my old one that had missing pieces. I was so disappointed to find that they replaced the wooden cubes with plastic crap. It may sound silly but it just was not the same.

MrBenn

Awesome Player
Welcome, Mr-Red. Enjoy your time here ;-)