• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Happy New Map! The Twelve Domains

MirkManEA

Awesome Player
Squirtle, thank you for that insight. I've been playing mostly 12-domains and had mostly bad dice. Throwing myself against the neutrals in my domain has not been a successful strategy. I notice that those who wait a round or two to end up with around 9 dice tend to break out in rounds 3-4. I'm still learning more about this map, but paying the W-L price for it!

herweezy

Awesome Player
I think all too often this maps ends up being who can get a set and turn it in fastest (down the stretch). This frustrates me.. is there anyway we could have a flat rate that is higher than the standard? Maybe 10-15? getting 60 troops late in the game is a gaurentee win (and takes away the advantage of dragons sometimes!)

I would like to see:
A) Dragons become a higher priority/incentive. and
B) games to be decided off playing smart not brute strength from reserves...

thoughts on this?

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
See this discussion from March regarding different flat rates.

My takeaway from it was that there is already an option to configure the flat rates per map, but CentCom hasn't decided if that is a road they wish to travel.

------

As an aside, I'm currently in a Dragon game in turn 36 with escalating reserves that is up to 160 armies per turn in. It does look like it might get wrapped up in a another 3 or 4 turns though. This map just lends itself to marathon style play.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I think all too often this maps ends up being who can get a set and turn it in fastest (down the stretch). This frustrates me.. is there anyway we could have a flat rate that is higher than the standard? Maybe 10-15? getting 60 troops late in the game is a gaurentee win (and takes away the advantage of dragons sometimes!)

I would like to see:
A) Dragons become a higher priority/incentive. and
B) games to be decided off playing smart not brute strength from reserves...

A) I'm not opposed to upping the Dragon value, or lowering the stack on the Tower to make it easier to take, though I'm not entirely sure it's currently broken. Let's discuss.

B) We currently have the ability to up the flat rate amount for a map. i think that doing so for this particular map would make a lot of sense, though it would certainly throw some folks off to begin with. I'll start the discussion with my fellow mapmakers. As for escalating games being decided by reserves, that's the nature of the beast regardless of the map, and it's a big part of the strategy.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
not currently broken!

As Shep said, there is strategy in escalate games, just as there is in flat rate games. You just have to adjust.....