• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

General Scoreboard/Scoring Discussion

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Personally I'm unsure of why a 4-year old thread, that had every point discussed ad nauseum, was dredged up again. Nothing on the scoreboard is ever going to be deleted or changed, there will only be additions. That was decided 5 years ago when the first 9 pages of this thread were created.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
@cardinalsrule; I'm suggesting new stuff here. One of the purposes is to incentivise more players to pay for membership. I'm guessing this is not a wealthy site (?) and staff members are volunteers (?) who don't receive an hour's wage for their efforts. More revenue means the community gets to offer you money for a pie, a good bottle of wine or donate the money to charity if you don't need it. Because I/we value staff's efforts and this suggestion is a token of my appreciation.

@Buebonnet; I caused a misunderstanding :p
I over-edited my text in my notebook before posting on the forum, deleting a crucial word which I overlooked. Here's what I really meant;
Oh I think there should be an exemption for grunts who have at some point in time have paid for the silver or gold membership ;)
When I write "grunt" I mean ppl who have never paid a dime to play; I think they're getting an amazingly good deal on this site. Obviously in reality, "grunt" includes ppl whose memberships have expired, but I when I wrote the word "grunt" I mean ppl who never paid to get this great MajCom deal, just because I cant think of a word to distinguish the two categories.
so, to be clear once you've paid for membership, the basic perks of ranking listings and points won per game would last forever
so what I'm suggesting is exactly what you said
Ever play stand up video games int he 80's? Where they flashed the top 10 all time scores?
People stuck a lot of quarters in the machine to get in that ALL TIME list. It is a distinct motivating factor.
+1
Seinfeld had an episode about this :p
I don't think there were many free video games machines that listed all time rankings.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
How 'bout we offer a free trial, and then after that everybody has to subscribe? Seriously, the membership for MajCom is very reasonable priced, I don't see why anybody who enjoys this game and this great site wouldn't want to pay at least the basic subscription.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the good topic, but I see I'm still on the scoreboard. My last game ended on the 14th of last month, so I should've disappeared already, shouldn't I?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the good topic, but I see I'm still on the scoreboard. My last game ended on the 14th of last month, so I should've disappeared already, shouldn't I?

non grunts last 6 months.
grunts like 45 to 90 days?

in otherwords not automatic for highscores to drop off after last game ends.

all time boards are that, all time no matter when your last game was.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
https://www.majorcommand.com/forums...rd-Dropoff-Rules?p=65290&viewfull=1#post65290

from the sheriff.
Hi Guys,

Okay, we found the problem.

First, I looked up the rules and it is this - Grunts will stay on the Scoreboard for 45 days after their last turn is played - and Commander and Strategists will stay on the Scoreboard for 180 days after their last turn is played.

Now the problem was that games were being archived 2 days after they ended. So unless you had another game on the go, then after 2 days it looked like you hadn't played in, forever.

Bottom line is that Marcos developed a solution for this problem and it will be implemented in our next update, which is scheduled for around February 6 (ish).

So until then, hold tight. It looks like we are all on a faulty 2 day turn rule!

Sorry! And thanks for helping us find the problem.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Hi Bluebonnet, that was February 6, 2015 - I remember that :p

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Grunts will stay on the Scoreboard for 45 days after their last turn is played

Ah, 45 days then. For some reason I thought 30.
Thanks! :)