• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Gameplay idea

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
This is a gameplay idea. I'm no good with graphics so would appreciate any input.

Attachments

• Risk map4.png
    Risk map4.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 142

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Wow it is quite an interesting idea indeed :) suggestion would be to try and link one side of the board to the other?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
map looks to be playable in an interesting way. Is there a 'theme' or idea or title for it? Do you envision a 'cost' of some kind to flood the red region?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
After a bit of thought, I think this would make a good map for some kind of "War of Gods", with Convertion of Armies, Fire storms, Floods etc. Some kind of fantasy world?

One more question is... what is that black piece of... map symbolizes?

Last edited:

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Thanks for the response guys, I was a bit worried about my amateurish attempts but at least I learnt how to use "Paint". KungFuDuet I absolutely love your Gods of War idea, especially as "Andraste" is an ancient Goddess of War for us Britons. With that in mind I think the centre island with the lightning bolt could be the Elysian Fields, or the Elysian Plains, the final resting places of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous, evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, This could be a reference to Zeus, the god of lightning. The black barrier thingy is a dam holding back the sea. The idea is that if you hold both territories on either side of the dam at the start of your turn you get an option to open the dam and flood the entire red region reducing all troops to 1's or neutrals. That is why I have assigned the red region a troop bonus of 8. We could make that area the territory of Poseiden and instead of dam busting your option would be to release the Kraken and wreak havoc, with the same outcome for the region. Cards, as to a cost for flooding the region I thought that given that the two territories controlling the dam where so far apart and that the red area is right in the middle of the two, that it would be hard enough to take and then hold them until your next turn. So no cost, just good tactical play. KungFuDuet your suggestion to link the two sides of the board is also a good idea and I think would be very easy to implement. It would be lovely if someone with Photoshop experience could throw together a less 'school science project' version, otherwise I can feel another learning curve coming on!

Last edited:

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Some images of the main characters.

Attachments

• Zeus_s.jpg
    Zeus_s.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 92
  • poseidon-greek-goods-greek-mythology.jpg
    poseidon-greek-goods-greek-mythology.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Kraken-Attack-web.jpg
    Kraken-Attack-web.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 97

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I was referring to the black square at the bottom of the map between the two purple-red command-ish thing.

Anyway, after you clarify what that is, I will try to crank out something for ya if I can

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Ahh the other black thingy is a mountain range seperating the two regions, they are seperate commands but I ran out of colours. Thank you KungFuDuet, I can't wait to see what you create.

Last edited:

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Why not just make it all water separated? That would seem more rational to me, since a set of islands with no mountain is better than with one odd one :)

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Here is a draft of the map. I haven't include any symbols for the special features yet, nor will the final product look anything like this (as this is after all a draft.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• War of Gods1.jpg
    War of Gods1.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 162

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Looks like the physics exam I had today boosted my ego :D haha.

Here is my much preferred attempt on the map.

attachment.php

I have included the symbol of Jupiter for the lightning and Neptune for the flood, both which I believe can be explained in the brief tab :D

Thoughts? Andraste?

Attachments

• War of Gods 2 low res.jpg
    War of Gods 2 low res.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 136

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Wow KungFuDuet you have created an outstanding version. It looks almost ready to play on. I am so impressed. My son who is 14 also did his physics and Latin exams yesterday( fate or divine intervention?) I hope I am not detracting you from your studies, although if I was your teacher you would be getting an A*++ from me.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Haha thanks :D anyway... let's get back on the GP. How do you suggest we link up the two sides of the map? and are there anymore special things we can add?

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Ok, on my version I have linked the terittories by sea, also I have added 1 more gameplay feature. I think that if there are 3 tactical goals it will make for much more interesting gameplay, trying to achieve your goal and working out what everybody else is trying to achieve. What do you think? Too much or do you think it wil be tactical heaven. Just goin to look for an appropriate god.

Attachments

• Risk map5.png
    Risk map5.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 84

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Would you think that those three regions can be more spread out across the map, and further away from the Island of Zeus?

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Introducing our final god, give it up for Hades. If you have all three of his territories at the start of your turn you can freeze any territory for 1 turn.

Attachments

• Hades.jpg
    Hades.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 81

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Agreed, I was thinking exactly that myself, maybe this instead. I take it you like the idea then?

Attachments

• Risk map6.png
    Risk map6.png
    95 KB · Views: 85

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You are correct :D I love this idea, but I don't get to decide on whether this goes forward or not - it is up to the whole group of us. But this has definitely got my vote.

anyway, added the symbol of Hades/Pluto into the mix, and added links from one end to another.

attachment.php

Attachments

• War of Gods 2 low res.jpg
    War of Gods 2 low res.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 159

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
How about splitting the map into some distinct sections? Like one corner could have lava in between the continents, and maybe a volcano or charred lands. Then another section could be drawn to look totally flooded with rivers seperating continents, one place could be covered in ice with snow-capped mountains, another bit might have forests and green rolling hills etc. Tie these elemental traits to the gods influence somehow and you're onto a winner.