• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Game Feature: Fog of War

zippyz

Awesome Player
So, I am ripping this idea off of other strategy games that have limited sight lines, like Civilization. But what if there were a map, or just a feature, where you could only see a certain amount of spaces around your units?

You would still be able to see the overall numbers in the intel tab, so there would be extra strategy in holding units behind your border, and some added guesswork.

It could add some extra strategy, and could be especially interesting in large team games, where you create outposts so your team can monitor the "worldly happenings"

Map elements such as "high ground" could be introduced, certain spots could reveal extra portions of the map, or even all of the map.

What do you all think, could this work, or would it make the game too boring not being able to see what is happening on other parts of the map? I think it could make it slightly more realistic.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Variation of this idea have been suggested a while back and the rule is on the top of the TODO list.

zippyz

Awesome Player
where is this to do list? I browsed the "long list" and the "short list" but I didn't see it

zippyz

Awesome Player
ah, cool, thanks. Do you know if they are still working on this? or is it on a back burner? I could see it being a pretty lengthy development and testing process.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Not sure, there are a lot of things going on in terms of site development and stuff.