• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Flexible Fantasy Map

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Flexible Bonuses

A map mode where you can make your own bonuses (e.g. a minimum of 2 territories together could count as 1 troop due)

This map mode could be just a setting that you could use as a way to actually 'build empires' rather than have to gain specific regions as you currently do.

To make it interesting, it could be a punishment of -1 troop if you have your empires separated (e.g. on Classic Massive you had an expanding African Empire and then an expanding Siberia empire/Chinese) and set it that you would receive bonuses on both places in the map, you would receive however many troops you get with the regions you hold but at the end it also is -1 that.

I think that's a bit of a fuzzy explanation, but I just went to sleep early and woke up at 3:48AM and am about to collapse again, but for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to check here and post a setting idea.

So every 2 territories in your empire could count as 1 due troop? Could be interesting and would involve a different game play!

Last edited:

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
A map mode where you can make your own bonuses (e.g. a minimum of 2 territories together could count as 1 troop due)
Believe it or not, I've already made three maps that were intended to employ such a system; I call them flexible command bonuses. Middle East was supposed to have more flexibility around bonuses for holding oil, Australia was supposed to have flex commands instead of half-commands, and - well, let's just say there's another map in the can that I like too much to tweak, which I hope will eventually see the light of day.

Sadly, the current game engine does not allow for such a bonus. I've tried work-arounds within the current rules, but it doesn't work. So this is another feature that's going to have to wait for the re-code to be completed.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Haha sweet, good to hear it's a feature that's been thought of! A singular map that would use it might be less confusing than having it as a setting, but then dark coloured lines showing empires on any old map could certainly be interesting too!

Hopefully it can be a future in the near future :p