• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Experimental Games

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I thought it might be fun to start a group of people interested in games where the players follow different sets of rules agreed to before starting the game. Masterjskye has done some interesting games where everyone has to agree they'll self-destruct (eliminate the non-winners and allow yourself to be eliminated), and I found the 1v1 games I played where the first player skipped attacking to be both more fair and more interesting.

So, hopefully there might be wider group for trying this with multiplayer :)

Two example thoughts:

A simple one might be a 2v2v2v2 where the first team to eliminate any other player wins (probably not that great, but simple and different).

A more complicated one might be a 4, 6, or 12 player escalate, 3-border match on Twelve Domains where the first player to hold the dragon for a turn wins. And in case of stalemates, the surviving player with the fewest troops at the end of round 40 (or 30?) wins.

More or less, whatever you want to make up and find interesting. I guess we could start threads for each game type to keep track of them for those interested, but I'm imagining this being pretty informal - those who don't follow the rules just wouldn't be invited back, etc.

Thoughts?

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Count me in, it sounds interesting. I particularly like the idea of winning by having the fewest troops at R30. I love attacking and cursing good dice because it is against what is required, e.g. playing minus 1.
Another option could be: losing at least as many troops as the round, if possible. 1 troop R1, 5 troops R5 &c. That might not work because of problems attacking but someone might find a way of twisting the idea into something interesting.

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Losing as many as the round has potential, but that's harder to tell because troop losses (and overall troops) are one of the things the records don't track.

And I thought about winning by having the fewest troops because the opposite works so spectacularly badly - games where I've had agreements that the person with most troops wins after X rounds just allow the last person going to decide the game. Having the fewest troops would be a much more difficult balance since getting into a better position to win makes you more likely to get eliminated. I'm sure there would be issues with it, but it'd at least be better than going for the most troops.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
yes. i am very interested. if you are starting this week - i cant. in fact not until mid october i guess, too busy finishing uni right now. but i do want to throw my name in the hat for future fun! very much so. please. ?. i havent thought this through, but first idea that comes to mind could be an assassin variation, where the given targets rotate. so f.ex. on even rounds (2,4,6, etc.) your target will be the player going before you, on odd rounds, the player after you. or sth else entirely. anyway. have fun with this, and keep me in the loop guys, sounds like a great idea to freshen things up.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I would be interested. Just all depends on when you gear up. But a most likely work?

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
An assassin game that relies on rotation of targets could work if 3 players. It would not be set up as assassin but if a player eliminates their target then the other player would allow the victor to finish the game. I might have better luck in such assassin games ;-)
I guess 5 rounds might be about the right length to target one player.
Perhaps it would give rise to stalemates?

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
yes, a stalemate seems likely with this, and a whole lot of back & forth too. like i said, didnt think this through much. but what i would find intriguing, is a scenario in which right timing would be (more) essential to win. so maybe this would be more intersting w/ more than 3 players, say 4 or 5 maybe, & the target wouldnt swap back & forth between two players, but cycle evenly through all of them. so round 1 everyone targets the one going after you, round 2 the one after that, etc. but maybe this too complicated & possibly a pain to keep track of. will think this through proper & make an actual suggestion once the time comes..

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Im in for a domains game, the 1st one to hold the tower for 1 turn wins, so as the team game 2 v 2 v 2 could be great

haWD96lz

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Spaceballs
I'm always open to trying new things.