• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Donation Rankings Question

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Now that all the Onyx spots are filled and we're into the Gold donation rank, is that it, or can some big donator upstage all the Onyx people and get that donation rank?

Also, can you post the donation amount on the scoreboard?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The amounts will be anonymous, however the places on the board are not static. If you want to get in an onyx spot, you can add to your previous donation and you'll move up. The rank on the board will not be finalized until 48 hours after the 100th spot is filled (publicly posted). Up until that time, anyone can make a donation, or another donation, to improve their ranking. So if you want all the perks that come with an Onyx-level spot, you haven't lost that opportunity. :)

looking like I'm going to have to pony up a few more $$ to stay onyx, doesn't it..... :tomato:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Very clever system for the benefit of this site.

Of course not so good for us players who would like an onyx as all it takes is a few high donations and some last minute out bidding wars and a lot of us end up at the bottom.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
True, those 10 spots at the top may end up being out of the price range of some of us, but there are 30 gold spots that have very nice perks also. All of the donation levels have nice perks. Bottom line, this is great for the site and all of us who play here. Our own little 'kickstarter' to allow the Sheriff to get the re-code done sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Now that all the Onyx spots are filled and we're into the Gold donation rank, is that it, or can some big donator upstage all the Onyx people and get that donation rank?

Also, can you post the donation amount on the scoreboard?

Yes. Some donor can still still come along get and Onyx spot. All spots will be available until the board is closed. It just depends on what you donate, not when.

The original donation from payers were all anonymous before I offered rewards. I wasn't sure if the players wanted their donation amounts revealed, so I just posted their names instead. I hope it would encourage players to give what they are comfortable giving, as opposed to trying to upstage someone by 5 cents, which wouldn't be too nice.

The amounts will be anonymous, however the places on the board are not static. If you want to get in an onyx spot, you can add to your previous donation and you'll move up. The rank on the board will not be finalized until 48 hours after the 100th spot is filled (publicly posted). Up until that time, anyone can make a donation, or another donation, to improve their ranking. So if you want all the perks that come with an Onyx-level spot, you haven't lost that opportunity. :)

looking like I'm going to have to pony up a few more $$ to stay onyx, doesn't it..... :tomato:

Yeah, what he said... Though the only reason I said 48 hours after the final spot was filled was because the board is not automatic. I wanted to give myself leeway to post the results. Though I'm open to suggestions on how to deal with final minutes. This is a first for me, and I'm sure whatever method I choose won't be perfect for everyone.

Very clever system for the benefit of this site.

Of course not so good for us players who would like an onyx as all it takes is a few high donations and some last minute out bidding wars and a lot of us end up at the bottom.

Thanks, I think.... :hmmmm:

I figure people will give what they can. I don't assume there will be too much of a fight for top spots, and I was thinking the extra time would prevent last minute bidding by giving everyone a chance. Inevitability, I would rather be fair to the players than try to skim a few last minute dollars.

True, those 10 spots at the top may end up being out of the price range of some of us, but there are 30 gold spots that have very nice perks also. All of the donation levels have nice perks. Bottom line, this is great for the site and all of us who play here. Our own little 'kickstarter' to allow the Sheriff to get the re-code done sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I tired to make in a way so that all players will get the value of their donations back in rewards, regardless of whichever spot they end up on. If I were doing an official kickstarter campaign, then I would have priced those top spots higher than the current average price. I'm also hoping we'll get 100 donors too! That's the real challenge....

If anyone has some other suggestion, let me know. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Hi there. Is there a time limit on this? Or is it just when the 100 slots fill up?

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Just when 100 fill up....

(or 24 hours, whichever comes first. GO! GO! GO!) *joking. It's when 100 fill up.

Upvote 0

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I'm also hoping we'll get 100 donors too! That's the real challenge....

Yes, I think so.

I think you'd maybe want to do a dispatch pointing out explicitly that this awards have a tangible usd value as well. For example a bronze donor award is worth a six month commander subscription. It is common sense to donate $5 to have it... or more, right?

For this reason, I think the different levels could be tied to specific amounts of donations. If it turns out that we all are stingy, and decide to donate $10 each, the site wouldn't wanna give out 3 years of gold membership for that, right?

Also, I'm gonna donate again for sure, because A) I'd really want this site to be successful, and I really like to be here and B) I want an Onyx award.

As I said, these awards have a tangible value -- I know exactly how much this onyx is worth for me. I'll donate this amount, even if I remain at the 6th position to the end. But should I only get a gold award after paying my "onyx price", I'd be a bit disappointed to be honest. Shouldn't be a guaranteed award for a specific amount?

--

But sorry, I'm just thinking aloud, I guess you guys really mulled this over.

---

Aaand, I have to tell, I really envy the black insignias. Oh, I could kill hundreds of opponents for a black bird or a black star... :)

Upvote 0

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
As I said, these awards have a tangible value -- I know exactly how much this onyx is worth for me. I'll donate this amount, even if I remain at the 6th position to the end. But should I only get a gold award after paying my "onyx price", I'd be a bit disappointed to be honest. Shouldn't be a guaranteed award for a specific amount?

it would defeat the purpose of the biding system i'd say !

however i thought of what might be a solution to that issue. The sheriff could decide of a specific amount that would guarantee an award... and keep it secret ! this way if people wanna fight for the onyx or gold they'd still be able to. but if the amounts of donation reach certain heights, the sheriff could award all donors above a certain limit the onyx / gold ...

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
it would defeat the purpose of the biding system i'd say !

however i thought of what might be a solution to that issue. The sheriff could decide of a specific amount that would guarantee an award... and keep it secret ! this way if people wanna fight for the onyx or gold they'd still be able to. but if the amounts of donation reach certain heights, the sheriff could award all donors above a certain limit the onyx / gold ...

Well, the 'specific amount' to guarantee an award has been set, or at least the minimum amount to get on the board - $9. As far as the other, awarding all over a limit onyx or gold, that'd be up to him to change the current rating system.

Upvote 0

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
Well, the 'specific amount' to guarantee an award has been set, or at least the minimum amount to get on the board - $9. As far as the other, awarding all over a limit onyx or gold, that'd be up to him to change the current rating system.

my message wasn't clear but that's what more or less what i meant !

the 9$ minimum amount to get bronze is official, however there could be secret levels with minimum amounts like 20 / 50 / 100 / 9000.

if the sheriff decides that over 9000 deserves the onyx, despite the fact that 20 players gave over 9000, all those giving over 9000 would get the onyx ;)

but that's just a suggestion, and the numbers might need some adjustments :)

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. If 20 people gave 9000, then I would definitely give them all ONYX! ;-) But no secret number yet. It's seems to be working well as is....

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I made a little adjustment to how players are listed on the board - All players are listed from the top down by the amount of their donation, that stays the same - But for players who gave the same amount, They will be listed alphabetically, as opposed to randomly. For example - everyone from AAFitz to zonie are in the same group and will receive the same reward.

Does that make sense? Better? Worse? Doesn't matter?

Upvote 0

CaptSweatpants

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
How many people beside me gave $9000 ?

Captain Moneybags

Upvote 0

goweje

Awesome Player
I've seen the donation banner up recently, and not to be that guy, but...what's in it for me. I know in the past there were special badges, gold memberships & even a tournament for those that donated. I'd like to donate, but was wondering if there's anything special on offer for donations this time around.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I've seen the donation banner up recently, and not to be that guy, but...what's in it for me. I know in the past there were special badges, gold memberships & even a tournament for those that donated. I'd like to donate, but was wondering if there's anything special on offer for donations this time around.

There's isn't a new donation drive so to speak, it's just an open call for support from whoever can help. Currently anyone who donates any amount will receive this cool service award for their profile page.

DonorWhite.png

It's not likely we'll have anything like we did last year, it's possible, but not likely. But if we do, then whoever donated during the interim will have their donation retroactively included in the new drive.

And you still get the Service Award. :)

Upvote 0