• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Display mini user avatars in-game (if they have one)

Kjell

Awesome Player
Which are as follows:

1. Seeing forum avatars in-game: Would be a nice touch and might make more people get avatars and possibly go on the forums.

2. Placing initial starting positions manually: Like in the board game, in real-time mode (which I think is the only possible mode for this) you'd get a blank map and each player would - turnbased - place the 3 troop thing in each territory until they're all occupied.

3. Getting some points for logging in daily: Could get more players more active by throwing in 1 or more points for logging in each day. Throw in a medal and maybe some extra points for logging in daily for 50-100-200-500 days or so and I'd wager you get less inactives.

Thoughts?

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
1.) i like it. it seems like it'd make it more aesthetically pleasing although i'm not sure about the forum part.

2.) it seems like people would instantly go for the big regions with the biggest bonuses. i've seen other house rules where each player is given random territories but is allowed to allocate a certain number of troops to each territory before the game starts.

3.) i definitely agree with the medal part with some sort of medal for consecutive logins.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
1) there isn't enough room for that, imagine a 12 person game. Look at how small the rank icons are made to save space, imagine what your avatar would look like

2) I think this has been suggested before, or something similar, I'll look to see if it made it onto our long or short list of to-dos....

3) A medal would be cool, but our point structure is set up to avoid "point inflation". Mathematically, if you start adding points for random things that don't involve winning, the higher ranks will inflate with points, leaving the new and lower ranks further behind.

Thanks for getting involved Kjell!, one quick tip would be to make only one suggestion per thread. It helps keep things organised and there's more chance of a good debate getting started, and in turn, your suggestion being approved.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
1.It would definitely make the avatars small, but thats not so much of a bad thing. Mine would be,
fa486b419052595566ba8f7634d02be2.png

2. We have an implementation like that in the works. But there is lots of balance and gameplay issues to sort out. It is does very badly on other sites and we want to avoid that.

3. Yeah i can see a medal for that. But not points, which should be kept synonymous with skill.

Kjell

Awesome Player
1. Yeah they'd deffo have to be smaller, like Badorties' example.

2. Alright, would be cool =)

3. Yeah I guess points should be synonymous with skill, so perhaps just the medal?