• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Dishonorable behaviour and voiding games

johnjdc

Awesome Player
Hi, sufficiently disappointed in another player that I feel the need to raise it here and see what others' views are. As many of you will know, a lot of games a couple of weeks ago got stuck when starting to generate. In particular a real-time 5-player game I had joined failed to start.

This morning, it started. Noting that nobody was around to start their turn, I suggested letting it go. Another player arrived to ask how to achieve that, and I explained. He waited for the last player to go AWOL (a gold member after 5 turns) then began playing his turns, and (obviously, against 4 AWOLs) won the game.

In my view this is sufficiently dishonorable that the points should be reset.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I've adjusted the scores. Sorry bout that.

Upvote 0

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Good job boss man,gotta set some examples.

Upvote 0

johnjdc

Awesome Player
Awesome thanks. I see no problem with punishing a player if they just don't turn up (and indeed have done so myself), but this was a completely different situation!

Upvote 0

blueray

Awesome Player
I have a player how keeps break diplomacys

Hi, sufficiently disappointed in another player that I feel the need to raise it here and see what others' views are. As many of you will know, a lot of games a couple of weeks ago got stuck when starting to generate. In particular a real-time 5-player game I had joined failed to start.

This morning, it started. Noting that nobody was around to start their turn, I suggested letting it go. Another player arrived to ask how to achieve that, and I explained. He waited for the last player to go AWOL (a gold member after 5 turns) then began playing his turns, and (obviously, against 4 AWOLs) won the game.

In my view this is sufficiently dishonorable that the points should be reset.

http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=207849#RateDishonorable_60009 - User - wpgjetfan keeps breaking diplomacy his scores should be reset what is the point is people keep breaking them

Anyway to screen print?

Many Thanks

Upvote 0

blueray

Awesome Player
I have included screen prints I convert a docx to jpeg so I could upload an image. but I can sent the original docx if needed

Many Thanks
Major_Command_wpgjetfan_Broken_Diplomacy1.jpg

Upvote 0

mzr

Awesome Player
FWIW, I saw how bad wpegjetfan's diplo rating was, and asked him about it: he said that his son had run it into the ground, and that he had "changed his password" since. Based on that I'd be led to believe that a) he was lying or b) his son took over his acct again (maybe he got grounded or something...). Just my 2 cents so centcom doesn't punish an innocent party. Thx!

Upvote 0

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Then I do believe he should post in this forum and plead his case,there should be some way of doing this in such circumstances.Somewhere where someone who thinks they are being falsely accused of wrongdoing can defend themselves. Some kind of court thingy.

Upvote 0