• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Diplomatic agreements? Binding, or break-able?

elfword

Awesome Player
Are diplomatic agreements are binding (game won't let you attack a territory from the territory you've agreed to have a peaceful border with)?

Or can you break them (and suffer the consequences)? Will the game prompt you that you're about to break it?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
You can break them if you like. It will affect your diplomacy score if you do though and the other player confirms. It will not prompt you if you are about to break one , but that is something we are looking at.

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
whether or not the agreement was actually broken. they may be a situation where one player would allow the other to break an agreement in order to acheive a higher goal, like taking down a leader or something.

Upvote 0

coolname

Awesome Player
Can you also ask to rescind a certain cease fire? So, ask BEFORE breaking the agreement that it won't be a breach? (i.e. agree to cancel the agreement earlier than previously agreed upon)
If so, how do you do that?

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Can you also ask to rescind a certain cease fire? So, ask BEFORE breaking the agreement that it won't be a breach? (i.e. agree to cancel the agreement earlier than previously agreed upon)
If so, how do you do that?

I think i can answer this one... Just propose this in a Diplomatic message, but of course you would need a reply for the change to be "binding"...

And now I have a question...

Does the question of a treaty violation pop-up automatically with a simple Y/N confirmation?

coooool feature if this is the case...

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

Does the question of a treaty violation pop-up automatically with a simple Y/N confirmation?

It does automatically show up (not as a pop-up though) in your diplomatic log with yes/no buttons.

Upvote 0

bstew

Awesome Player
Now that I have accidentally broken a treaty (twice in one game!), I was curious if there was a way to earn back diplomacy score? Does it have a decay time or anything like that?

Upvote 0

coolname

Awesome Player
You get a point restored every day. So each breach is restored after 30 days.

Upvote 0

MrBenn

Awesome Player
It would be nice if a users diplomacy rating showed up on the diplomacy tab (so you could easily see whether you were making a treaty with somebody reliable or not)...

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
it would be nice if a users diplomacy rating showed up on the diplomacy tab (so you could easily see whether you were making a treaty with somebody reliable or not)...

excellent idea!

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
feature submitted.

Upvote 0