• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Dices credibility

Linho

Awesome Player
Hello all!

I'm really doubting of the dices behaviour.

Every game I play, rare results happens several times, like 11v3 ice, 8v2 ice, 6v1 ice, even an absurd 14v5 ice I got. I'm not saying that it would be not possible for this to happen, but the problem is that it happens all the time, almost every turn, every game.
And I'm not complaining only because it happens to me a lot, I also notice when my opponents get screwed by this things, and I use to mention that in the game's chat.

If these virtual dices are supposed to emulate real dices (those made of plastic, wood or any other material for those who don't know :laugh:) they're failing badly in that task cause bad luck rolls happens, but not all the time.

mark

Awesome Player
Just to provide an alternate view - I had a game of NUKES all wrapped up and my opponent had 24 v 28 against my Pres. His only shot to stay alive...and he only lost 16 taking out my 28.

So sometimes it happens the other way around.

Upvote 0

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
That is the nature of dice :) There can be really really good dice rolls around :)

Upvote 0

johnjdc

Awesome Player
I know the "worst luck" slot is taken in the hall of fame or whatever, but I had to share. Round 3 of a 2-player.

I attack a 3 with a 10, and lose, reducing him to a 2. I attack it with two neighbouring 3s, and lose the lot.

Then, my reinforced 9, my opponent attacks with a 10, and wins, losing 1 troop.

Not. Very. Happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MasterMind55

Awesome Player
Even though the dice may be random, streaks (fire or ice) are stil a big problem, adleast in my opinion. Even though it hapens to everyone, to some more, others less, it hapens to different people in different circumstances. For exaple: I've played a game few weeks back on classic evolved, had 2 commands and just got a set, everyone else had 1-2 cards, no commands and together maybe same amount of troops as me. It was clear i will win, and i attacked 15v16 last big fortress and won without losses, only securing my win. Today I played classic evolved again and one of the players decided to try to win the game by eliminating an oponent and geting his 4 cards. He attacked with 30 troops, the other guy had 33 on 10 regions. The guy took 1st few regions and droped to 23, the other guy stil had 25, 19 of which were on 1 region. I was thinking to myself:"oh yeah, he'll lose his troops and than I'll just kill the guys last few troops and just start eliminating everyone for theyr cards." and than he lost 5 troops on 19, killed the guy and won the game. We both had fire streaks, but beacuse of my i won a game I was going to win anyway, he on the other hand won a game that he shouldn't have won. So please do something about it, if nothing else adleast put it so that fixed force games can be played by all, beacuse I've just seen soo many games won or lost purely by dice.

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The dice are fine.

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
The dice are fine.

Indeed, how ever these threads are great at illuminating the limitations of the mind to comprehend rather abstract concepts.

Upvote 0

mark

Awesome Player
Indeed, how ever these threads are great at illuminating the limitations of the mind to comprehend rather abstract concepts.

People just want things to make sense...and chance doesn't make us feel good. It's clear in many aspects of life; lotteries, slot machines, seeing patterns in the clouds... Of course people are going to blame the dice. It is less 'scary' to assume everything is controlled by some invisible hand.

Upvote 0

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I hate luck, i eat it for breakfast! :D

Upvote 0

nofnof

Awesome Player

If people would just google psuedo random they would understand why the dice seem to be coded poorly.

Upvote 0