• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Coping with the Suicidal

mkemBANNED

Awesome Player
A player decides to attack your continent - not once - but round after round after round.
You try to recover your continent
It becomes 1 vs 1
Until both the suicidal player and the victim are taken out by one of the other players who have massed armies.
I encounter these suicidals every week - they have no strategy - they have no reason - just waste their time and my time

Is there anything i can do OTHER THAN do not join any game they have joined.
is there a way to give them a meaningful life which might include enjoying this great game

thanks

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
You could try and angle a polite diplomatic message to them.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Or recognize what they are after a round or two and move elsewhere. You will probably have to build slowly in a new area, but it is far better than being a doormat for the other players.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I also have no idea how to deal with that.

I noticed that some people tend(ed) to go after me in every (or almost every) game we play(ed) together, no matter what. Some of them simply don't like me I think, some of them go after the high-ranked, and maybe, maybe, just maybe, some of them are afraid of me.

It frustrates me a lot, and as I am a pussyfooter, and usually careful and weak, they often manage(d) to kill me without any real effort.

I made a mental note of these people, and when I meet them, I go for them full force. After some ruined games most of them change their minds about me. I don't know what is the psychology behind that, and I don't think I actually scare them or anything, but their bloodlust goes away.

An example would be this guy mansdegrijs -- I guess I can mention him by name because he has been awol for almost two years now. We had tons of games together, and for some reason he had a real hard-on on me, he seemed to attack me, and only me in every game. After a time, I started to return the favor, and we both lost a bunch of games because of that. And for some reason, he then changed his mind, and we became neutral again.

I have a few (3? 4?) people like that right now, some I managed to repair my relationship with, and some I keep attacking first in every game I meet them.

As I said, I do not understand what is happening in their heads, I don't understand the psychology (I never initiated such a feud myself), and I don't think I 'teach' them anything. It's just like they have this bloodlust that gets satisfied somehow and they move on... I really don't understand.

Anyway. I know this is not a very intelligent solution, as I said I have now idea how to deal with or prevent this, but this is what I usually do, and it works to some extent. (Then again, I am a gold member, so I play a lot of games. I can sacrifice some. What to do as a grunt? Pf. I have no idea.)

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I guess mkem, you are talking about realtime, lot of cheat there, casual is more fair :)

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
you can tell the administration to see if they follow the rules and he gets banned.

not to name names but I have complained about this character to admin already. real sore loser and no fun to play with at all.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Just to be a clear, there is a line between just deciding to suicide on someone and actually being "that guy".

We aren't here to tell people how to play, but we do take issue when people are overly vulgar, or start stalking other people's games to take them out. There is a distinction. If you feel people are crossing the line from stupid/rash/ignorant play to being abusive, please do report it. Someone will take a look. We might view the situation differently, but we will at least take a look.

Also, calling someone out by name here is not a plan. That only leads to flame wars which are unproductive. Send us a report you felt it was egregious.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
I sent a report about the insults only, I don't give importance to the rest. Ok no names, I didn't know.

rperry96

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Play Testers
The sad truth is that there isn't much you can do about an unreasonable opponent. Some really good advice on this thread from some really awesome players. I'll give you my two cents: I started enjoying this site a lot more when I stopped caring about my rank. People like Sensadrome are truly amazing, talented and gifted. He deserves to be at the top of the heap. However, the true joy of this site is playing the games against challenging opponents. Its a big world, and some of your opponents are going to be assholes and impact your ability to win games. Some players are going to be assholes no matter what, even if you try and mend the fence. So be it. I can't remember the vast majority of my games a day after they are done. Just keep choppin wood and enjoy the games with good folk. There are a lot of them here.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I sent a report about the insults only, I don't give importance to the rest. Ok no names, I didn't know.

And even though you can't see it, we HAVE taken action. If a situation comes up again, let us know. People oftentimes get warnings, not bans, the first time we deal with them. Bans aren't where we START. If a problem with another player continues, report it again.

A lot of people complain that the administration doesn't do anything, when they haven't bothered to report the behavior. Believe it or not, we don't monitor every game and read the chat.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Rperry, I'd say 95% of the time I played with nice people. I don't even touch real time games. There is the dark MC as far as I know

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
And even though you can't see it, we HAVE taken action. If a situation comes up again, let us know. People oftentimes get warnings, not bans, the first time we deal with them. Bans aren't where we START. If a problem with another player continues, report it again.

A lot of people complain that the administration doesn't do anything, when they haven't bothered to report the behavior. Believe it or not, we don't monitor every game and read the chat.

It seems right to me and removed my comments.

Rperry, I'd say 95% of the time I played with nice people. I don't even touch real time games. There is the dark MC as far as I know

I don't understand the criticism with RT, the best games are there, by far.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
It seems right to me and removed my comments.

I don't understand the criticism with RT, the best games are there, by far.

Not a criticism. I don't do RT and the common knowledge is the bad guys are worse there. But... there was a time where the RT engine was so buggy that it may have left us a salty taste in our mouth

rperry96

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Play Testers
Lord: I agree that the VAST majority of players are honorable and a pleasure to compete against (yourself included). The premise of the question dealt with unreasonable opponents. I also agree that RT games tend to attract less honorable players. I enjoy them, but have come across more than my share of multi accounts in that forum. I still play them from time to time, but try to limit it to 1 v 1 to avoid the cheating.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
If your an honorable player, just join any 4 player Classic Evolved RT game and u will see the sharks. Every time!!!!!! I play a lot of RT but only 1 v 1 after learning my lesson unless I know the other 3 players are honorable which to date has not occurred. Let the buyer beware

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Red, this is a sincere question: what sort of cheating does happen in 4p RT games?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Red, this is a sincere question: what sort of cheating does happen in 4p RT games?

Instances of dual accounts. I think it happens less than people think. But it happens for sure. Happens in casual games as well though.

RT does have more to cursing, leaving when losing, etc than casual games. Not cheating, but a unhappy experience.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I see.... Cheers Gtivan

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I should add a couple of others.

More cases of..
1. More AWOLers
2. Suicidal Rampages
3. Illogical attacks

However, this is not cheating. Just an aspect of the level of player in RT vs Casual. RT has a higher percentage of newer players who have not been socialized into the finer aspects of Majcormmand.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

LA, while I didn't use the word cheating, others in this thread did and what we're talking about has been touched on as well. But to specifically answer ur questions this is what Ive seen in too many RT 4 player games: u see a game where there are two players and think well here is a good game maybe pick up some points/udos whatever. So u join and within literally seconds another player joins. What happens from there is two of the players attack u with the (usually one each) odd attack against another opponent. One of the opponent always goes AWOL especially if blocking u. Its quite effective but of course if there are no multiaccounts involved it isn't quite cheating but certainly not in the spirit of the game. Hence, shark pit. This has been my overwhelming experience with 4 player RT games.