• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

ConquerClub is Scarred of MajorCommand.com, Banned For Mentioning Your Name

Borgified

Awesome Player
ConquerClub is Scared of MajorCommand.com, Banned For Mentioning Your Name

Wow, yesterday I mentioned MajorCommand.com in my post at ConquerClub. Today I received the below email telling me that my ConquerClub account was banned. This is the first thing I posted in a long time and I'm not in any games, so that post was the reason it was banned. My post was deleted within 15 minutes. You guys have created something here that's really scared them.

Hello Surrender Monkey,
Your account has been issued a Website Ban. You can no longer play games, rate players, use the forum or private messages. If you had any Premium Membership it has been cancelled without refund.

Term of ban: permanent

Issued by: king achilles

Comment:

You have been trolling the forums and advertising other websites to entice members to join them through your own subtle ways. You are not an active member.

You are banned indefinitely pending an investigation.

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
lame, but again.. i am not surprised. CC is realizing they have made the risk-god's angry... or something.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
wow. that's totally insane. well you're welcome here Borg. I imagine one hint of MC over there will get us all banned. I wonder though - The group here has created a lot of maps for that site. Wonder if Lack would try to ban one of us?

Borgified

Awesome Player
wow. that's totally insane. well you're welcome here Borg. I imagine one hint of MC over there will get us all banned. I wonder though - The group here has created a lot of maps for that site. Wonder if Lack would try to ban one of us?
Thank you RjBeals, I'm liking your site more every day and I plan to be a longtermer

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I don't think CC has been "scarred" - usually scarring occurs after a wound, and we haven't inflicted any. Yet. ;)

But seriously, are they scared? Eh, we're barely a blip on their radar right now. I don't know much about your history with that particular site and what led up to the ban, Borgi, but you can't really fault them for getting upset if they perceive you to be "advertising other websites." (Whether or not you really were is another question.) You have to keep in mind that while forums like this seem public, they are still privately operated by a business that has interests to protect; if somebody was using our forums to tout the competition we'd probably do the same.

Thank you RjBeals, I'm liking your site more every day and I plan to be a longtermer
Glad to hear it... I'll save a place for you at a future game.

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Scared? Not yet, but surely insecure. Deleting and banning on the mere mention of MajCom is just another example of the wrong way to do things, as Borg noted, LG, is much more confident and has been actively developing for years, which is why they can focus on their strengths instead of hiding their weaknesses, as Conk is doing.

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Scared? Not yet, but surely insecure. Deleting and banning on the mere mention of MajCom is just another example of the wrong way to do things, as Borg noted, LG, is much more confident and has been actively developing for years, which is why they can focus on their strengths instead of hiding their weaknesses, as Conk is doing.

confession: i love it when you talk risk-nerd. ;P

ashr

Awesome Player
And generally it's not a very marketing savvy approach. Deleting comments that are obviously spam or adverts is one thing. But the best way to address competition is to "steal" from it, or at least co-opt it.
Anyway...I think the design is better here, so, I go where things look prettier, but hey, if you lose RJ, I'm out of this shit hole.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
i'm sticking around a while ashr :)