• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Colonisation Massive

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
It's the 1400's, Europe and Asia are the centre of the world. I imagine magnifiying glasses on the great potential powers (Asia: China, Japan, India, Ottoman Empire?) and Europe (England, Spain, France, HRE, Russia, Netherlands) and maybe any I've forgotten. The Americas, Oceania and Africa would be all neutral.

Holding one of the great powers gives you special abilities - I imagine the Europe would give you naval abilities while Asia allowed a larger stockpile of soldiers, while Oceania, Africa and the Americas offer small bonuses.

The focus would be on Europe and Asia, so perhaps the more relevant parts of the map would be larger in proportion? The silk road could be a factor if it was the early 1400's/before then, ship routes around Africa. With a twisted imagination of history, the Seuz Canal and Panama Canals could also be another ship route. Ship routes would be untraditional in Majcom in that you can't hold bonuses and you lose -1 troop every turn with a maximum of 10-20 when you start off, meaning that while there are multiple ways to cross the world it is a hard investment.

This seems like more of a fantasy and is imaginative of what a map could be on here, but the idea seemed interesting to me!