• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

cloud

ZBANNED

Awesome Player
ok this is another one...
a very complex game...with a lot of diplomatic blabla if you want to survive...dunno...

The cloud can change to the most incredible shapes every single game.
it's not predictable so it's not just the drop that changes...all the background changes too.
what about that?

Attachments

• IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I like it -- I especially like the idea of randomness. That being said, there are enough people who complain about the dice -- how many would think the board is "fixed" too? lol!

Personally, i think it's great. Might be difficult to code though...

MTH

thenoahw

Awesome Player
If we have the infrastructure to support a randomly changing map both in between games and during the games, I would love to see it. Of course there would be complaints, as MTH has pointed out, but I think if Shep has the ability to do it, we should try it out

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
When I was thinking more about this, I thought, what about a board that was not only random, but changed as the game progressed? Very much the "cloud" idea - maybe at the start of the game, you can attack from territory A1 (named for convenience's sake) to territory B1. BUT, as the game moves forward, the clouds slowly swing around each other, so eventually you can no longer attack B1. Then a few more turns later, you're close enough to attack C2 instead.

These are very wispy ideas (pun intended) but I think there's something there.

Of course, it will take either a game maker to be taken with the idea, or an idea maker to be taken with learning game code...

MTH

ZBANNED

Awesome Player
wow.I love your idea matilda. if you believe in that please do it.:) I will apreciatte