• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

City vs country

iposenothreat

Awesome Player
Hiya,

Just trawling through the new map ideas, and whilst I think risk definitely lends itself to countries and continents, it might be fun to put together a map based on a city. New York is the first that sprung to my mind, with the 5 boroughs as commands and interesting bonuses like holding specific landmarks/key functions (statue of liberty, flushing meadows, JFK airport) and some interesting ways to connect the commands (bridges, ferries, tunnels). Just a thought on zooming in a little :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
A very good idea, Ipose. Give us a map and get started, lots of people around here will give ideas and suggestions; this is exactly how maps like Rome started. If you need help, look at the AADOMM clan (the 'Art Department'), those people are the 'experts'. You can become one of the clan members possibly, an official MajCom Cartographer. If you need help getting started, I'd suggest that KFD, PatsFan, and Cagey are great resources as they've gone through this process before.

The real 'experts', of course, are Shepherd, Widowmakers, and RJBeals. As the project progresses, one or more of them will probably be able to assist.

Make us another killer map! :)

Last edited:

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Gangster theme. Mobs fighting for control of the East Side or Downtown and so forth. Bonuses for control of Speakeasies and Cat Houses and the Docks. Hazards at Police and FBI Headquarters. Rivers and railway lines limiting movement...

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Yes, +1, brilliant idea!

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
love the idea too, in general, and yours in particular cagey. i like the gangster theme, but any other theme would seems better to me than the touristic one ^^.

there would be several commands, each one representing a "turf" maybe related indirectly to a movie (indirectly to avoid copyright issues).

at 1st i thought about "the warriors" which is one of my favorite movie, but the thing is there are plenty of gangs but they're not all associated to a territory. the warriors themselves are from coney island but there aren't much details about the other gangs turfs in the movie.

i brought the idea of a wink to a movie because it seems to me a familiar touch is a plus to any map.

Last edited:

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I was thinking more 1920s/30s - Al Capone, Bugsy Seigal

Swashbuckler

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Generals
The Borg
That's a great idea, I just saw a version based in Mexico called NarcoGuerra which was made to educate people on the Mexican Drug War. It opens up all sorts of possibilities using a city, Gangs of New York is an idea, or as champig suggested something based on The Warriors (1979) or even ancient Rome and its rival street gangs. But the gangster idea is excellent, perhaps distilleries could be added.

U

usmanali7

What we need is something that will attract new players when they land on the site. Something that has links to our best features and pages, something that is well designed with informative text and easy to navigate.
This will be a work in progress, with many many revisions, so don't be offended if the final product is not what you original vision looked liked. There are factors like Search Engine Optimization that needs to be considered and built in to the final page design too.

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I dont understand usmanali7 point, joined, posted this, and sisapeared, does this happen in other threads? people from outside that just join to say something, or to critique?

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
that's my expertise: spotting these bots :) I have seen them all over the place - twice a month or so

Lately, they've started posting random posts from other threads in random threads, just to appear as real people. Which bviously doesn't work...

DecaturGuy

Awesome Player
Hiya,

Just trawling through the new map ideas, and whilst I think risk definitely lends itself to countries and continents, it might be fun to put together a map based on a city. New York is the first that sprung to my mind, with the 5 boroughs as commands and interesting bonuses like holding specific landmarks/key functions (statue of liberty, flushing meadows, JFK airport) and some interesting ways to connect the commands (bridges, ferries, tunnels). Just a thought on zooming in a little :)

I love the idea of a New York City game.