• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

City of CARDIFF

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
LOL. I'm back to advocating that GB is one of the great maps of this site and I oppose any changes to it. :)

rob6483

Awesome Player
I'm also against any change on British Isles. To me, Wales and Cardiff are horrible to try to take and hold if you have an enemy to the east and west. Yes, Cardiff is by far the easiest city to defend and can be relatively easy to take and hold based on the drop, but generally speaking, if you wind up with an advantage around Cardiff, someone else is more likely to have a higher number of troops somewhere else. Also, Wales is very difficult to hold compared to many of the other commands, so having an easily defended city within it with a decent bonus makes it more attractive. As is, the map flows well with great gameplay almost every time.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I am also against changing it - since there is no definite comparison that can be made between cities to be completely honest with you.
Cardiff is in the middle of the map, there is more traffic than lets say Edinburgh and Dublin. R o Ireland and scotland can be held @ three points, unlike wales.
If you were to truly compare them, then most of those should have had different bonuses all together.

If that is the way you propose for Cardiff, then perhaps Iberia on the Cold War map should be +1 as well, and Australia should just be +2 on Classic Massive, Indochina should be +2 and so on and so on.

The truth is, no place on earth is completely the same, and there is no complete "fairness" I guess in this world. No everyone starts with the same talents, but there is not "one way" of succeeding!

BUT that is all too serious hahahahaha XDDDD Just saying, this is a game my friends =D if you don't get Cardiff this time, just make the most out of what you have and forge a path for yourself!

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
It would seem that at a bare minimum that the map should be reprogramed to have different people own each of the 4 territories of the city. I have played in games where one person got 3 out of 4 city regions, and the outside of the city!

FLAGG

That's the whole point of a "random drop"!

I don't care who you are, if you're the player that dropped all but 1 territory for Cardiff, you're over the moon!

You gotta take the rough with the smooth... after all, you can't expect to get a MONSTER drop every game!

In my opinion... Either fill each city with neutrals... or better yet, don't change a thing!