• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Changes abound, Development, Staff, Future...

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Answers please !

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Ha, yes I still run the site. Sorry for the lack of updates. I am currently looking into ways to fund the redevelopment, since its not something I can do out of my pocket directly. This may include some ads on the site while the redevelopment goes on, but I am explore other avenues.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Ha, yes I still run the site. Sorry for the lack of updates. I am currently looking into ways to fund the redevelopment, since its not something I can do out of my pocket directly. This may include some ads on the site while the redevelopment goes on, but I am explore other avenues.

Thanks for update. Also after reading my previous comment no harsh intent was implied, but it kind of sounds that way.

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers

Back to the problem of funding once again huh Bado. We going round and round.

I Still think you should seriously consider offering mr Marcos or whoever does the Re development of this site, and sees the project through to completion, a percentage of future revenue for a fixed term (2 years for e.g) You really cant loose with a deal like that.

No initial outlay, and it will give the developer the incentive to get things up and running. Once up and running correctly, you will have a lot more new players that will stick around and actually buy a membership rather than joining for free, playing a buggy game and going elsewhere.

I know you are against the idea of a business idea but any type of product/service you offer for money IS actually a business anyway so.....

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Back to the problem of funding once again huh Bado. We going round and round.

I Still think you should seriously consider offering mr Marcos or whoever does the Re development of this site, and sees the project through to completion, a percentage of future revenue for a fixed term (2 years for e.g) You really cant loose with a deal like that.

No initial outlay, and it will give the developer the incentive to get things up and running. Once up and running correctly, you will have a lot more new players that will stick around and actually buy a membership rather than joining for free, playing a buggy game and going elsewhere.

I know you are against the idea of a business idea but any type of product/service you offer for money IS actually a business anyway so.....

I agree stone123.

Here's my two cents worth ...

Ukraine, like England in WWII, would already be defeated if it weren't for Allies. Allies provide critical life support, things like manpower and capital (in the form of expertise, cash, loans and equipment). This is true of any Business Venture.

Speaking as an ex-bank manager and retired financial advisor, in my humble opinion, MC needs more manpower and capital in order to move forward.

If more funding is needed, a high priority should be to re-instate the fees.

Consider a 30 or 60 or 90 day free trial to access all maps and up to 4 games, and then an ongoing restricted game play free option as before to access all but the largest maps, with a fee as before to access more games and all the maps?

Another high priority, in my humble opinion, should be to re-instate the points won or lost with each battle.

Also as near as I can tell there is still an inflow of new players coming to give MC a try.

Sadly, it also seems that most of those new players drop out. A suggestion would be to do an exit interview with those players to see why they joined and why they are leaving. Patterns will emerge to help attract - and retain - more new players.

Another suggestion would be to give new members and low ranking members an access to a group of experienced players willing to coach new and low ranking members. These coaching games should be done separate from the 4 game free play limit and with no gain or loss of points for either player.

(I would be willing to step up as a coach and my guess is there are others also willing to coach new players).

Something to consider, in the lack of funds, is to create an inner circle of advisors, volunteers, a small group of active experienced players who have an interest in seeing MC fully up and running who have skills they can bring to the table.

Something to ponder.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
To he masses want to know.