• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Can You Leave A Clan?

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Can you leave a clan? if so, how? I've posted in old soldiers that I wish to be removed but have not received any reply for weeks now.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yes, you can. In fact, you're no longer a member of that clan. :)

Upvote 0

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
You can't really leave a clan on your own though. You have to ask a moderator or the admin of that clan if they will remove you.

Upvote 0

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yes, you can. In fact, you're no longer a member of that clan.

You can't really leave a clan on your own though. You have to ask a moderator or the admin of that clan if they will remove you.

tks guys

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Let me hijack this thread very quickly.

I believe the clan system is an understated pearl in MC. With some small adjustments clans would shortly become a powerful part of the fun.

Firstly I wish one could only have one and only one clan. You can't support two factions..
Secondly I would limit the max number of members per clan.
... And so on...
I used to play an online game purely based on clan system (called tribes). It's fantastic!

Ps: and... newbies love clan/tribe/ things. There is a whole new dinamics to evolve based around the clan principle that could benefit MC to bring more warriors in

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
we have several social clans, I wont limite them, for batle clans iys diferent

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
we have several social clans, I wont limite them, for batle clans iys diferent

Fair enough. But in a remodeling, maybe we could opt to only have one type of clan (I don't even know exactly what the differences are appart from the obvious)

Ps: I checked and can only see 2 competitive clans as oppose to dozen social ones! Meaning, it's pointless and not used. Let's unite the 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Fair enough. But in a remodeling, maybe we could opt to only have one type of clan (I don't even know exactly what the differences are appart from the obvious)

Ps: I checked and can only see 2 competitive clans as oppose to dozen social ones! Meaning, it's pointless and not used. Let's unite the 2.

The categorization of clans was messed up on the word go.

The original battle clans were
Costa Nostra
Whiners and Crybabies
League of Shadows

Some of the social clans are obvious. Fixed force, borg, real time, duelers etc

The the clans that support majcom. AAdom, central command, devcom etc

A bunch i am unaware of intended purpose.

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The categorization of clans was messed up on the word go.

The original battle clans were
Costa Nostra
Whiners and Crybabies
League of Shadows

Some of the social clans are obvious. Fixed force, borg, real time, duelers etc

The the clans that support majcom. AAdom, central command, devcom etc

A bunch i am unaware of intended purpose.

So why don't we start to debate and consider reorganizing the Competitive clans and revitalize the system? We leave the social clans as it is but move the historical clans into The official competitive clan structure.

A member can only join one Competitive clan. Sounds appropriate. Once it's all set we build from there.
I suggest we should create a group of discussion for this subject.

Ps: I am relative new to MC and wasn't around at that time, but revitalizing the clans would bring a lot of stamina to the fun.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I believe very soon, when the recoded site comes out, that the 2 (?) (I believe that's all it is) clans that were supposed to be competitive all along, Whiners and Crybabies and League of Shadows, will be switched over. Some inactive clans (gentlemen of extreme leisure) may even be deleted, who knows.

But I like the current system, you can only be in 1 competitive clan but as many social ones as you want.

Upvote 0

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Perhaps Lord Adef, you'd be happy if we came with separate names for the social groups and the competitive team groups to make the distinction clearer..? That doesn't seem so unreasonable, everyone might be happy.

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Perhaps Lord Adef, you'd be happy if we came with separate names for the social groups and the competitive team groups to make the distinction clearer..? That doesn't seem so unreasonable, everyone might be happy.

Not a factor of clarity Dalinar. And I am not unhappy. I just think the clan system deserves some revitalization. Clans are fantastic. A game clan driven push people to support their clan with fervor. Clan clashes are taken seriously and their flags do mean something.

It would be simple to make the clans less understated.

Upvote 0

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The major problem with the competitive clans is this: the League of Shadows consistently dominates the others. This makes clan challenges sort of boring and predictable.

12.png

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
The major problem with the competitive clans is this: the League of Shadows consistently dominates the others. This makes clan challenges sort of boring and predictable.

12.png

I agree with that 100%, use to be interclan challenge games going on, the Old Soldier Club philosophy was to involve all his active members in interclan games, we even had a chart made up so everyone woud take turns to fill the available spots on team games and get a chance to play, but other competitive clans were only interested of putting their best players in every games, so we decided to stay out of it.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Hey, didn't know that name was such a comedian :hahaha:

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg

12.png

Well, good to know. I am a member of League of Shadows :)

Upvote 0

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.

Yeah.. I noticed that too.

I agree with that 100%, use to be interclan challenge games going on, the Old Soldier Club philosophy was to involve all his active members in interclan games, we even had a chart made up so everyone woud take turns to fill the available spots on team games and get a chance to play, but other competitive clans were only interested of putting their best players in every games, so we decided to stay out of it.

Not really. The League of Shadows only recruits the best players around - so whatever team we field is going to be good. If you look back at the clan challenges you will notice that our team members were quite varied.

Upvote 0

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Just my 2cents but if resurrected, why not consider a stipulation that each clan team must play with a minimum number (whatever that might be) of outside players (non clan member). Maybe that would add a touch of unpredictability. I would love to join an active competitive clan but I would just as happy to have my clan members participate in clan activities too LOL

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Just my 2cents but if resurrected, why not consider a stipulation that each clan team must play with a minimum number (whatever that might be) of outside players (non clan member). Maybe that would add a touch of unpredictability. I would love to join an active competitive clan but I would just as happy to have my clan members participate in clan activities too LOL

Well, OK, who's taking charge?, format?, set up?, invites etc? I'll round up the number of players from The Old Soldier Club and forward it, My guess is about 12 of us , so sixers maybe?

P.S. Did you join another clan? free agent?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
:fight::
Yeah.. I noticed that too.

Not really. The League of Shadows only recruits the best players around - so whatever team we field is going to be good. If you look back at the clan challenges you will notice that our team members were quite varied.

Only recruits the best players?, LOL scary stuff!! Sonds like an invite to me, hope this league of Scarecrows of yours is willing to put these ''best players'' to the task for a fight :fight:!! myself and a few boogie men are willing to take this most scary hallloween costume title away from you!! hope to see you on the battlefield, (details in the mail).

Last edited:
Upvote 0