• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Can Someone Give a Short Run-Down on the Non-Trad Game Options?

armstrong

Awesome Player
Hi folks

I've been playing singles Classic exclusively. How exactly do team games work? Assassin? Nukes?
Thanks in advance.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
In team games, you can reinforce troops to teammates or deploy on teammates. You win or lose as a team. So your team can still win, even if you just have one team member alive. You can attack your own teammates, usually to get an easy card, or because their reserve cards are worth a lot, and by killing your teammate, you get a set that allows you to do something awesome like kill some other people for more cards, and win the game in a big turn. Teams can be 2,3,4,5,6, or 12 players. There can be 2,3,4,5 or 6 teams (of non singles). I like big maps with 6 teams of 4 or 4 teams of 6. Doubles, triples, quads are all fun. Crusade is 2 teams of 12, nothing special besides that. Communication and sharing troops with teammates is really important. It’s the most fun part of MC, and you will meet cool people and make good friends that way. Be unselfish, don’t miss turns, out the team first. and you will he invited to be on future team games. It’s good to let your teammates know when you have a set of cards, because that affects decisions. The fact that you are posting here and asking questions makes me think you’ll be an excellent team player. Let me know if you want to team up in some games.

Nukes is challenging. Read the game brief and there is info in the Wiki on this site. Several terts (territories) do special things. Once you are knocked out of USA or USSR, you can never get back. There are some terts that can attack other terts on the opposite continent, and if you occupy all the right terts including the missile, you can blow the hell out of the other continent on your next turn.

armstrong

Awesome Player
In team games, you can reinforce troops to teammates or deploy on teammates. You win or lose as a team. So your team can still win, even if you just have one team member alive. You can attack your own teammates, usually to get an easy card, or because their reserve cards are worth a lot, and by killing your teammate, you get a set that allows you to do something awesome like kill some other people for more cards, and win the game in a big turn. Teams can be 2,3,4,5,6, or 12 players. There can be 2,3,4,5 or 6 teams (of non singles). I like big maps with 6 teams of 4 or 4 teams of 6. Doubles, triples, quads are all fun. Crusade is 2 teams of 12, nothing special besides that. Communication and sharing troops with teammates is really important. It’s the most fun part of MC, and you will meet cool people and make good friends that way. Be unselfish, don’t miss turns, out the team first. and you will he invited to be on future team games. It’s good to let your teammates know when you have a set of cards, because that affects decisions. The fact that you are posting here and asking questions makes me think you’ll be an excellent team player. Let me know if you want to team up in some games.

Nukes is challenging. Read the game brief and there is info in the Wiki on this site. Several terts (territories) do special things. Once you are knocked out of USA or USSR, you can never get back. There are some terts that can attack other terts on the opposite continent, and if you occupy all the right terts including the missile, you can blow the hell out of the other continent on your next turn.

Thanks for the reply! Definitely sounds like a lot of fun! And thanks for the words of encouragement, I wasn't expecting that! Part of me is scared about being a "bad" teammate (I wouldn't want to screw anything up), but I think working in groups definitely adds a level of complexity and depth that would be neat to play. I'll look to add some team games, and of course I'd be happy with any invites.

Sub - I'll have a look at the links.

armstrong

Awesome Player
Q about joining team games.

Do we just join a game and are assigned a team, or can we select team members?

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Q about joining team games.

Do we just join a game and are assigned a team, or can we select team members?

You choose you team members. All teams are color coded on the join page. And we're (mostly) nice people who are educational, forgiving, and collaborative, so go ahead and join one. I love having interested new players join my teams!

Last edited by a moderator:

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Yaay, tru dat! :beerglass:

this https://www.majorcommand.com/games/465233/ is filling pretty slowly, it is a triples game & open to anyone who is interested. the map is a little more complex, and my team (which is full) wont make this easy. but maybe someone here (tape? th?) is willing to show you how to beat us, two teams are still completely vacant.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Hello everyone! Just joined the platform 3 weeks ago. I'm quite curious about team games...I thought I'll start off with doubles. I'm willing to learn and prepared to get my ass kicked a few times. Should be fun! Let me know which game is willing to take me on and train me. Cheers!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Thanks Micky! That's awesome!

armstrong

Awesome Player
Hi. I'd definitely take up a tour of duty if any of you experienced players would like to guide a newbie :)

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
We should set up some team games where we place a couple of experienced players with newer people wanting to learn the strategy. As long as beginners are committed to communicating and taking all their turns, I think most veterans would be pretty interested to do that.

armstrong

Awesome Player
Sure thing, I joined.

A big thanks to Micky for setting up the game with Periwinkle and I. And a very big expression of gratitude to th-child for joining me. Him being one of the resident royalty around here, I was of course flabbergasted when I saw that. Very cool and very much thanks.

We should set up some team games where we place a couple of experienced players with newer people wanting to learn the strategy. As long as beginners are committed to communicating and taking all their turns, I think most veterans would be pretty interested to do that.

+1

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Interested in learning about doubles? Well, check out this practice doubles game with the help from micky & th-child
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/467926/
Make sure you read the chatter tab at the beginning for tips. cheers!

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
The absolutely best way is learning by doing, and having a good, experienced team partner to help you along, so I can only rexommend asking for some help in the forums, and helpful hands are coming :) Well done, micky and th-child. I'm sure I'll see periwinkle and armstrong on the scoreboards in the future!