• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Burnout - help?

fishlim

Awesome Player
The Borg
Hey guys,

First played on this site 8 years ago but was always on and off. Came back due to quarantine and decided to upgrade my membership, regardless of whether I'll be here for the long haul, I think this site deserves all the support it has.

Anyway, upgraded membership for the first time and went crazy on games. Now I feel really burned out - just dropped out of all my awaiting games.

How do you guys deal with having 20/30 active games and is there a number that people are comfortable with? I can feel myself slipping and making more mistakes as my games increased...

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Hey Fish! It takes a lot of patience, time, and effort to maintain a high level of efficiency with a large games count.

Looking at the leaderboard, some of the highest ranked players do have large game counts, so it can be done. (the leaderboard may not be a true reflection of skill, but it does reflect how often a player wins and loses). But notice also those players have many thousands of games of experience. Therefore a more moderate game count is recommended if seeking to play the best moves in each game.

You made a good move dropping out of awaiting games. Once you're comfortable at a given game count, you can always join more later. Avoid joining 1v1 games for a while, as those turns pop up frequently.

A few ways to avoid mistakes: 1) In singles games, in the Chat tab, you have the ability to send a message to Self. Sometimes good to leave a note at the end of your turn, so you remember reinforcements you were looking at, and potential moves. 2) Look at a game twice. So look once, make a note, then come back later. 3) In team games, pass the ball a bit. Make a suggestion, and allow other team members a chance for input.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I find my ideal game load is around 6 games....when I was concerned with rank, I wanted to keep my win ratio high. Now that everyone joined my awaiting games, I'm well beyond 6 games! LOL! but this is all good...I figure I'm UDO hunting and going for medals, so this is good right? Also, less pressure to maintain rank. Now I just go with the flow and have fun! Plus I probably do WAAAY more socializing here then actual playing! :lollypop:

fishlim

Awesome Player
The Borg
Brian - thank you for taking the time to write this, all good points I can definitely agree with. Looking at games twice is something I don't do often enough!

Peri - hahah that is the dream isn't it, have to remind ourselves sometimes that this is just a game after all, and the point of playing games is to have fun!