• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

breaking a truce

Jethro

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
so if someone breaks a truce that causes me to lose a game- it didn't help him win either- is it acceptable to join every game they are playing and attack only them?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'd say no to that. Stalking another player isn't really kosher. Just mark them dishonorable, if you need to make sure your friends know about that person, move on, forget it. Not worth it, you are too honorable a player to feel good about yourself as a stalker. :)

Upvote 0

Jethro

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
ok - i will join just a few of his games

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Twice lately, I was charge with breaking a non existent truce, my truce proposals were declined so attacking those terts wasn't suppose to lead to a truce breaking but it did, I believe this bug will be taking care of at some point. so double checking the validity of a truce before agreeing it was broken it should be. just saying!

Upvote 0

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Twice lately, I was charge with breaking a non existent truce, my truce proposals were declined so attacking those terts wasn't suppose to lead to a truce breaking but it did, I believe this bug will be taking care of at some point. so double checking the validity of a truce before agreeing it was broken it should be. just saying!

This has happened to me too. I go to attack, and I get the message saying something along the lines of "you are breaking a truce, do you wish to continue?" and there is no truce agreement. Of course I just ignore this message, but it's annoying.

I've been lucky enough to not get charged with breaking one so far (knock on wood.)

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I've been lucky enough to not get charged with breaking one so far (knock on wood.)[/QUOTE]

I make sure now when it happens to send a diplo message to the player involve about not agreeing of a non valid broken treaty

Upvote 0

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
I'm pretty sure, it only displays that message to the player who "breaks" the non-existing truce. Nothing else happens.

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I'm pretty sure, it only displays that message to the player who "breaks" the non-existing truce. Nothing else happens.

I'm not so sure about that, my diplo score went for 1000 down to 960 right after someone agreed to charge me with a this unvalid broken truce, no other truce were involve

Upvote 0

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
It is me he's talking about and it's a bug Jethro. Well unless the rules have changed, here's how it went down in descending order (I've removed the activity in-between to make it easier to understand)

11/25/16 06:46:31 Jethro has agreed to cease hostilities across the Antrim and Argyll borders.
12/01/16 16:52:40 Jethro Player Icon Jethro Took Antrim from adamlumpy
<it's at this point the diplo should have been null and void as took out, legitimately, Antrim, but as Antrim was the border we agreed the truce on, when I then took it back and attacked Argyll, it shouldn't have triggered a broken diplo>
12/02/16 01:20:15 adamlumpy Player Icon adamlumpy Took Antrim from Jethro
12/02/16 01:20:27 adamlumpy Player Icon adamlumpy Took Argyll from Jethro
12/02/16 16:06:05 adamlumpy Player Icon adamlumpy Broke the terms of their truce with Jethro. The truce is no longer in effect

Thoughts, is it a bug or was I in the wrong?

Upvote 0

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
yup that's what happened here but Jethro won't listen to me...

Upvote 0

Jethro

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
hmmm. I was mistaken. You didn't break the truce- my apologies sir. Hopefully they can reset your diplo to 1000

Upvote 0

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
phew, thanks Jethro. Sorry for getting angry and good luck on our games together ;-)

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to 'reset' the diplo to 1000. Adam is just going to have to wait a month or two for it to get back up to 1000. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Angelofpeace

Awesome Player
What actually happens when you are "charged". What does it mean. I had to break a truce because it did not stop at the allotted round, in fact the round counter froze. Couldn't just ignore the other guy, had to get on with the game.

Upvote 0

RogueLynx

Awesome Player
This has happened to me too. I go to attack, and I get the message saying something along the lines of "you are breaking a truce, do you wish to continue?" and there is no truce agreement. Of course I just ignore this message, but it's annoying.

I've been lucky enough to not get charged with breaking one so far (knock on wood.)

i've got a similar problem. i'm being charged with breaking a truce thats no longer valid. (game 367466)

01/18/17 15:40:15 engineerairborne has agreed to cease hostilities across the Bangladesh and Burma borders.
01/20/17 13:19:20 RogueLynx Took Tibet from StudioCity
01/20/17 13:19:50 RogueLynx Took Burma from engineerairborne
01/20/17 15:57:45 The agreement between you and engineerairborne (Bangladesh / Burma) is no longer valid.

i want to attack Burma from Bangladesh but the game says that i'll be breaking a truce but that truce is no longer valid. should this bug not have been fixed by now?

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
i want to attack Burma from Bangladesh but the game says that i'll be breaking a truce but that truce is no longer valid. should this bug not have been fixed by now?

While you make a valid point, the coding people are concentrating on an entirely new, 21st century-speed game engine. And it's getting nearer to completion by the day. As a result of their focus on this, individual bugs that will not be seen in the new game engine are not being fixed in the old system.

Upvote 0

RogueLynx

Awesome Player
i see. they should keep up the work then i guess and get the new engine operational ASAP.

might i be facing repercussions for 'breaking' the non-existent truce?

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
No, if the truce doesn't actually exist, you don't need to worry.

Upvote 0