• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Blitzing

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
Blitz button - talk to me.

I read people saying how they never blitz. I understand that sometimes you may not wish to keep hitting the same tert - I'm not talking about that, what I mean is: if you definitely want to keep attacking until you take a tert - why not blitz?

Is it just a superstition? Surely, mathematically, blitzing is the same as repeatedly attacking one roll at a time? ...assuming that you accept the fact that every roll is random.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I have no facts or data but it happens often enough that blitzing throws me a horrible result that I just dont do it unless its an overwhelming advantage for me.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Like Red said, sometimes you get a horrible result, and by blitzing you can't stop it in the middle like you otherwise might. Other than that, there's no mathematical difference.

There has been suggested a new button when the new game engine comes out that would be "blitz until... " and you enter a number. That way you could say blitz until I have only 20 troops left, for example.

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
Ahh, yes I see. Thanks both.

It's something I never do, I just go for it with Blitz unless I know that I only want to roll a few times, but I can see that there would be times where you would want to stop early. I mean if I tried 12v10 and got to 8v10, 6v10... would I want to keep rolling? I can see the potential advantages - there could be times where you definitely want to take the tert but may still wish to cut your losses.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I read people saying how they never blitz.

Is it just a superstition?.

I am highly superstitious about not using Blitz. I have never measured my Blitz vs Attack success, so it's purely anecdotal.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
omg...you have no idea how many top players that I know that do not blitz because of this superstition! I find it funny. However, I noticed my blitz button can be superhot or like crazy fire...so I test my blitz button every morning on a game where I'm ok if I'm left with 2 or 3 troops at the end to see if I have a hot blitz button day! When I do have a hot blitz button day....look out! It's awesome! My assault button seems to give me more ice cubes lately...just saying :lollypop:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I very rarely blitz unless in a real time game when time matters. My experience suggests that it doesn't matter at all and i'm sure Sheriff will tell us that there is no difference at all apart from not being able to stop it. Purely a psychological thing.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
I'm a blitzer :D.

Too lazy to continiously click click click...

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
Periwinkle - I love that beautiful irony: you start by laughing at the superstition and end by telling us how you like to check if the Gods of Chance will be shining on you that given day :rofl:

Try standing on one leg and see if that helps! :)

It's funny because I am the same though - I like to think of myself as purely rational, and that I can be objective, not falling into the trap of believing the brain which has a proclivity towards seeing patterns, whether or not they are there. However, some days I just think that I'm not going to roll another dice with how icy I am!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter