• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Avoid certain players

palmono

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
There are certain players who usually suicide, are too aggressive or do very silly moves. I'd love the chance of avoiding an encounter with them. It'd be possible to have such a feature? To mark them, and drop the games if they join, something like that?

Cheers,
Palmono

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Basically, passworded games combined with invites.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
There are certain players who usually suicide, are too aggressive or do very silly moves. I'd love the chance of avoiding an encounter with them. It'd be possible to have such a feature? To mark them, and drop the games if they join, something like that?

Cheers,
Palmono

It looks like Tape has you on this one. Good luck and not difficult.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter

Cheers,
Palmono

This would be an interesting feature. I know that they are busy finishing the new game engine, I think that it would be cool if the person that is setting up the game could also set who can join the game. For example.
1. Anyone
2. Only those on my friends list.
3. Only those that have achieved a certain rank. (I.e. been a captain before)
4. Those that have a Honor above ....
5. Those that have a diplo above ....

I don't see them coding something like that in, but I could see the usefulness of it.

Imaging Player x who has no Honor in games and plays like a DB, tries to join a game, and when he clicked on it, it says do to your Honor rating by your peers you are not able to join this game. Maybe spend some time learning how to play a game as an adult, and you can join games like this in the future.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
"Maybe spend some time learning how to play a game as an adult, and you can join games like this in the future."

I LOVE IT.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
On the other hand - such a feature - especially targeted at individual players - is prone to abuse.

Adding this kind of limitations to created games is another one of those features that I think should be limited to paying members.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
On the other hand - such a feature - especially targeted at individual players - is prone to abuse.

Adding this kind of limitations to created games is another one of those features that I think should be limited to paying members.

Sebrim MC own you gotta pay to play man. LOL :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Sebrim MC own you gotta pay to play man. LOL :)

I don't mean you gotta pay to play, but you gotta pay to be able to create sophisticated games that are not open to all :)

BlueVelvet

Awesome Player
This would be an interesting feature. I know that they are busy finishing the new game engine, I think that it would be cool if the person that is setting up the game could also set who can join the game. For example.
1. Anyone
2. Only those on my friends list.
3. Only those that have achieved a certain rank. (I.e. been a captain before)
4. Those that have a Honor above ....
5. Those that have a diplo above ....

I don't see them coding something like that in, but I could see the usefulness of it.

Imaging Player x who has no Honor in games and plays like a DB, tries to join a game, and when he clicked on it, it says do to your Honor rating by your peers you are not able to join this game. Maybe spend some time learning how to play a game as an adult, and you can join games like this in the future.

I have not been here long but definitely see a need for this. I'm tired of these players, there are a few that I keep having to play when i start a game and not sure I have the interest to keep having to play them. They join, have a bad round of dice and just leave, worse still they join a 4 player game intent on ruining 'every single one'. How is this good for the site and new players. I can see why new players don't stick around. I'm not sure how much longer I will put up with it.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Just giving you a hard time, I agree with you, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to enjoy a few more features.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I have not been here long but definitely see a need for this. I'm tired of these players, there are a few that I keep having to play when i start a game and not sure I have the interest to keep having to play them. They join, have a bad round of dice and just leave, worse still they join a 4 player game intent on ruining 'every single one'. How is this good for the site and new players. I can see why new players don't stick around. I'm not sure how much longer I will put up with it.

It is a fine line between making the site fun for all levels, and keeping it interested for new players and older players. I hate nothing more than joining a team type game and someone goes AWOL regardless if they are on my team or the other team, it ruins it. I almost wish that there was a way to supplement another player in for an AWOL player. In other words when a game goes AWOL play would stop, and it would show up in the join a game, and someone could elect to replace that AWOL player, thus at least allowing the game to continue with all players playing, that new player would just take over were the AWOL player left off.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Unfortunately that happens in real time far too often, almost never in casual games. Real time is a bit of the 'wild wild west', difficult to police constantly. Play more casual games and you'll find that is a rare occurance.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

If you see a particular player who is abusing the site by just trying to ruin games, by all means report them.