• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Auto deployment in Europe: explanation

coolname

Awesome Player
Two suggestions for the wiki;

First of all, in the Maps page, there is no link to Auto-deployment in the description of Europe
http://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Maps

Secondly; it is not clear to everyone how it works in East/West Germany. Zsp thought that the number of troops is always set to 3 at the start of a turn. This is true if you have 1 or 2 troops there, but not (as I understand it) when you have more than 3 troops there. I.e. you can never lose troops by the auto-deployment.

Because I think Europe is a popular map (BTW: how popular? Could you make a Google-doc spreadsheet with some stats per game. Then I can tally which types are most popular; see my previous question on statistics [I know, probably not high priority, but might be handy to prioritize Wiki updates), and the auto-deployment is a cool wrinkle, it might be good to make this more clear.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
lol, well in my defense, I'm pretty sure orbo told me that and so I just took his word for it without actually reading the very clear explanation of what actually happens in the brief. What a bonehead mistake to actually take orbo's word for anything...! It distinctly says in the brief: "Troop levels do not reset if greater than 3." But if he didn't tell me that, then maybe I just hastily read it and then started playing.

Regardless, players should be prodded to take a peek at the brief before playing, they're all very clear. Just chalk this one up as a "zsp was a dummy for not taking the time to actually fully comprehend what's going on." I know, weird, that rarely happens..

Last edited:

coolname

Awesome Player
Zsp: I didn't want to single you out. But if seasoned players like you didn't know this, how are rookies supposed to know? Entry barriers / information thresholds should be as low as possible.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I can pretty much guarantee I explained it correctly, as I knew how it worked, because I read the instructions. Also, don't call Z a seasoned player, it's comments like this that get him thinking he's not an awful bastard, whch of course he is :D

A bit more on topc, the Wiki def needs serious work

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I can pretty much guarantee I explained it correctly, as I knew how it worked, because I read the instructions. Also, don't call Z a seasoned player, it's comments like this that get him thinking he's not an awful bastard, whch of course he is :D

A bit more on topc, the Wiki def needs serious work

the wiki needs work, and we are so on it... :)
expect an updated wiki in the near future.

Last edited:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
But seasoned player, incredibly-skilled, insanely good-looking, and an all-around nice guy like you didn't know this...

Fixed.

I would agree with you that the wiki might need some more tweeking, b/c if by "contingent auto-deployment" (http://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Maps) means exactly what happens to east/west germany, then there needs to be the option to click on it to take you to the Map Special Features like some of the other terms.

But like I said, a little more than a glance at the brief clears everything up. It's very clear in it's explanation, I just let orbo steer me the wrong way.