• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Anyone seen any good flick's lately?

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
Recently watched:
The Box - Okay, plot was way too involved.

Inglorious Bastards - Loved It !! A+

New Moon - Shitty vampire/werewolf movie with hot chicks. But I would never have watched it if it werent for the wifey
The Descent Part 2 - excellent suspense/horror - but not as good as the first one. The first one goes down as a classic horror for me. The first one delivers claustrophobia like you've never felt before.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
the first iron man was okay - but the second one looks like it's too over the top for me. It's not on my list of want's.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
the first iron man was okay - but the second one looks like it's too over the top for me. It's not on my list of want's.

its not over the top at all. if anything its pretty disappointing in its lack of a real plot. definitely just a set up for iron man 3 and/or avengers movie.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
i recently watched the fourth kind... pretty decent for what it was.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
How to train your dragon 3D: decent (fora kids movie), except for those vikings with Irish accents, WTF.

Nightmare on Elm Street: pretty formulaic and predictable. Everytime i saw freddy i only thought Rorschach from the watchmen.

New Moon: Holy shit this sucks major ass. But its some sort of right of passage than woman make men going through... seeing this garbage.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I know this is a thread about movies but here is a good book (and series) I just read. And it is going to be made into a movie

The Hunger Games (book 1)
Catching Fire (book 2)
3rd book not out till August 2010

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
Blind Side was a very good movie.

Iron Man 2 was good for an action flick, i.e. good for seeing with some guy friends.

Clash of the Titans sucked balls.

Death at a Funeral and Hot Tub Time Machine were hilarious, but probably not your guys' cup of tea.

Shutter Island was really good.

In conclusion, I spent too much time at the theatre.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Jess you better bite your tongue about my Twilight addiction or you're so in for it....

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
watched american idol last night and was a great show. Joe Cocker - and he (almost) hit that scream in "help from my friends". Mash up of musical guest stars - Like Bee Gee's and Alice Cooper? - Daryl Hall sang good - and I still really like Alanis Morrisete. Janet Jackson was okay. But I really liked Christina Aguilera's ballad. As much as I don't like female singers and pop ballads - she had my attention with her new song. Kelly Clarkson got a little chunky - but she's still the best. Paula Abdul's little speech to simon was uncomfortable.

Hope I didn't ruin it for anyone.

:wink: :bike:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
you kind of lost me at "watched american idol last night".. sorry RJ... ;)

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
yeah - i was pretty sure of that also - your hubs as well.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
we did watch it one year together... it was my idea, but we kind of outgrew that phase & switched to series programs...
like True Blood...