• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

any dot bomber out there?

Plain-ol-Ed

Awesome Player
Since this is in beta, it might be interesting to know what startup experience exists in this community.

So, bare your soul, what did you blow up?

Plain-ol-Ed

Awesome Player
So, bare your soul, what did you blow up?

In the "been there, done that" vein, I took my shot building municipal fiber optic networks. Got to take the whole ride; business case, angel investor, Wall Street investment banks (friends at Leyman Brothers but that's another story), begging city, state and federal agencies for permission to exist (southern charm has its limits in Montpeilier, and that’s a funny story), building field and marketing operations, and finally pulling fiber! happy day. The whole thing based on capturing all those shiny new dotcom companies as customers. When they started blowing up we knew it was done. Google “aptus mlgw” for the ugly.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Lol, was that in Vermont?

I can't say I have much startup experience, but do have run my own business for a while now. I certainly follow the startup scene and have engagements with people in the industry. I recently became became an advisor to a bay area start up but can't discuss it until the seed round is done.

Plain-ol-Ed

Awesome Player
Yes, we signed a deal with Burlington Electric right before the end. If the world hadn't come to an end they would have had fiber in every house. DSL? they'd not need any stinking DSL. OC3 in every living room, would have been soooo sweet . . . woulda, coulda, shoulda. Now it's all locked back up by the monopolies. Another 20 years before you see any advances. bummer.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I used to live in Burling round 2003-2006, I did indeed have DSL. But it's ok, we don't expect much up there, more cows than people and all.