• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS 720 PTS TOURNAMENT

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
1700644588894.jpeg

hi everyome.
looking for players to participate in a 3 round tournament. there will be a buy in of 25 pts per player. 80% of the pot will go the winner, the remaining 20% will be spread evenly amongst the finalists of the last round. peri & sheriff were kind enough to agree to manually adjust the points, so there is a big pot to win!
for this first attempt at recreating the tourney engine manually, i will fall back on settings i have used before in the sole tourney i created (with lots of help from the one & only @Redstorm).
i think these settings should be plenty fun, i just had to scale this down in numbers a bit, as i feel 36 players is the most we are going to find before christmas. but i think it can still work well like this.

ROUND 1 / 6 GAMES
CLASSIC MINI
6 players / standard / doubles / fixed / 3 path / flat rate
12 winning players of the 6 winning teams advance to round 2

ROUND 2 / 4 Games
NUKES!
3 players / assassin / singles / chance / 1 path / escalite
4 surviving assasins advance to the final

ROUND 3 / FINAL
MARS
4 players / standard / singles / fixed / 3 path / escalate
80% of the pot goes the winner, 20% to the remaining finalists

some rules:

this will be a 3 round tournament, and the procedure is quite simple: survive 1 round and move on to the next. win the final game = win the tournament & the bulk of the pot.
i am going to participate in this tournament, and since there is no tournament engine randomly assigning players to games, i am going to fulfil this function, meaning i will draw names out of a hat. i will do this fairly, and the outcome will not be up for debate.
i will let everyone know what games they are supposed to set up with whom, and it is the responsibility of the participating players to create these games. since there is no password protection for games, i suggest that all participating players try to agree on a join time so spots are not taken up by non-participants. games with other players than the ones nominated will not count.
i hope this will not become necessary, but if a player should go AWOL, they will be treated as such for the remainder of the tournament and loose their chance at winning it. they will however still remain in the tourney and can potentially even advance to the next round if they should win the game passively (either as a teammate or a lucky assassin). a player that has gone AWOL in a game cannot return as an active player in the next round. if players are in the annoying position to start a new round with an AWOL player, i will either join myself or ask someone who is not invested in this game to fill in as an inactive AWOL player - new players are not allowed to join the tournament as active players at this point. this all sounds complicated and stupid but is i believe necessary for fairness sake, & the preservation of the total number of games. please dont go AWOL.

the first round of the tournament will be a doubles match - you can apply as a doubles team if you like. if you dont have a particular partner you would like to play with, you are also welcome to sign up as individuals, and i will randomly pair whoever needs pairing (..). the rest of the tournament will be singles games only.

please post in this thread if you would like to participate. and please ask whoever may be interested to join in so we can fill this quickly. as soon as we have 36 players signup will close & we start.

Last edited:

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
sannheten & i will partner for round 1

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
sannheten & i will partner for round 1

I was going to play, BUT, you're picking your partner for round 1? I'm going to have to pass.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
hm. ok? like i said above, anyone is free to pick a partner for the 1st round.
the first round of the tournament will be a doubles match - you can apply as a doubles team if you like

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I was going to play, BUT, you're picking your partner for round 1? I'm going to have to pass.

I'll play with you @Cardinalsrule

Mini is not my strongest, but I like to think I'm pretty good at Nukes and Mars.

EDIT: Oh, the last two maps are singles, lol. Well I'll still play Mini with you if you don't keep your hopes up!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'll play with you @Cardinalsrule

Mini is not my strongest, but I like to think I'm pretty good at Nukes and Mars.

EDIT: Oh, the last two maps are singles, lol. Well I'll still play Mini with you if you don't keep your hopes up!

Thanks for the offer, big guy, but I think I'll sit this one out. Not enamored of the settings.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Well I guess count me in. Feels a bit like signing up to take on Novak Djokovic on his home court, and playing with my badminton racket, but whatever, lol. However, re Cards' input, I do think it might be more fun, challenging and fair if everyone was randomly matched for their first doubles match. I'm in regardless, though

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
However, re Cards' input, I do think it might be more fun, challenging and fair if everyone was randomly matched for their first doubles match. I'm in regardless, though

i see. i always thought it was a shortcoming of the tourney engine that there was no option to pick partners. but i suppose there are two ways of looking at this. i would like to avoid this turning into a pro / cons discussion so i am just going to withdraw that option. everyone is going to sign up as singles & will be be paired randomly.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
I am in! Thank you for organising this :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
i see. i always thought it was a shortcoming of the tourney engine that there was no option to pick partners. but i suppose there are two ways of looking at this. i would like to avoid this turning into a pro / cons discussion so i am just going to withdraw that option. everyone is going to sign up as singles & will be be paired randomly.

So I have to say sorry, Once. I didn't mean to start a pro/con discussion about the settings. Ya'll have fun!

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
How can there be a 720 point tournament when there is yet to have any points being distributed on the MC site?

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
How can there be a 720 point tournament when there is yet to have any points being distributed on the MC site?
the points will be adjusted manually. there is a buy-in of 25 points too, see above

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
If anyone is looking or a partner I am willing to put up 25 Points.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'm out, thanks.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
After such a nice mention in your intro, Once, how could I not play? count me in.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
All I want is PW protection...