• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Alcatraz!

BIOfrequency

Awesome Player
I'm all for big maps but it would be cool to see something like a historical site this Alcatraz map I found looks like it could be a cool map.

Not sure how the commands would be set up this is just a rough idea. Would anyone like to see a map for the battle of The Rock?

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
That's pretty cool actually, I'd play that! If you wanted to give it it's own special gameplay you could maybe place a ring of "guards" around the place, loads of neutrals with quite big numbers on each. Each players could start with one single troop or something in their "cell" - spaced far enough apart and with enough guards in between each other that early alimination of each other is not really possible. Then maybe the game play could run along the lines of "the first to make it to the ocean / boat / secret tunnel gets a big bonus of troops. So it would be a proper jailbreak!

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Very cool idea.

I say you take that map, and run with it.
Layout the regions and commands.
Any new GP features can be talked about as well.

If you really want to get people excited, make a draft that has all your ideas.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
it is a good idea, though the map you referenced above doesn't look like much in terms of gameplay it has, what, 26 regions or so? The tricky thing here will be maintaining historical accurateness while adding enough regions to make it fun.

The boats suggest that is a tourist map if the island - what we want is an old map with cell blocks and guard towers.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
What would make an alcatraz map really pop is if the doors opened at predetermined times, like you could only move troops out of a given cell on round 3, or only move between cellblocks in even-numbered rounds. Absent that (and sadly, I don't think we've got that gameplay feature ready to go), it might be a fun small map, but the graphics would really have to sing.

majorpain1337

Awesome Player
alcatraz idea sounds really good. especially inca's ideas.

is it possible to have special checkpoint territories which canot be attacked and act like a hiding spot. and to deter staying there too long, one army per round is lost.