• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

A few suggestions...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Have a few requests/suggestions...

1. get rid of the blue box that shows up when you start a game. It's useless and block the timer. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and just want to play my low hour turns...
2. show turn timer when you expand a game you're in.
3. A 'Surrender" tab ( there's times you know you or team are done).
4. I forget this one...

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
CLOCK: To your point, a turn clock on the My Games homepage would really help prioritize things.

NAMES: I struggle with some of the territory names and typefaces on certain maps (especially the cursive/hand-lettered style ones), some of which I have to zoom in on even with my reading glasses on. It can be frustrating to coordinate with a teammate when I can't quite make out the spelling of a territory, or worse, when the player's troop icon covers part of the text. It would be incredibly helpful to have some kind of "basic" option where each territory name is changed to a simple sans serif font. Or, as in Land Rush, each territory also included a number, so instead of zooming in and trying to find Nadelwald or ʁhvhhih my teammate can just say #33 or something simple.

COLORS: Similarly to Names, I find many of the maps to have a very confusing color palette with miniscule variation between many of the options. It's not an issue in small games, but when it's 24 players with six shades of brown, it can be hard to differentiate. Plus some of the maps have limited colors, many of which get lost in the map background (say, yellow and green on 12D). I play a console game called Rocket League, where players can customize cards in a rainbow of colors and in the heat of the game it's easy to lose track of who is on which side. So they offer a "color blind mode" that changes the colors to extremely clear options to avoid confusion, and it's a great solve. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into map design, but it would be great to have some "default" options that eliminate potential confusion.

Just my two cents motivated by my aging eyes, YMMV.

elricsbiscuit

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
4. turn time remaining shows on player's game list so they know which to check first (i'm sure this must have been it!)
Im having difficulty setting up the elimination game-can you set up? Thanks Elricsbiscuit

Stormcat

Awesome Player
I know there used to be by-invite-only private games (well I think I've heard this mentioned), but would it also be possible to set a score-range-allowed option when starting games?