• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

3 vs 3 tourney

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Gonna do a 3 vs 3 soon. Need suggestions on everything, maps, rules, format...
Need to know who's interested.
At least playing a tourney is something to win before points system starts,.

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
I think a different preselected map each round wld be nice. Unlimited anywhere,

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
for me personally map variety is a must. fixed forced is fun, but not so much in duels, so if this should be a 3vs3 format my vote is for chance. but could be nice to break up the duel format and make this 3 or multiple way games maybe? not sure how many players we would have, but say we had f.ex. 24 in total distributed over 8 teams, one option could be playing every game with everyone, and giving out points in order of survival: last team standing 5 points, runner up 3, etc? in any case, i think it could bring some variety to drop the round robin formula for a change. if we are not playing duels i would also be on board with fixed force, i am in the FF club after all. another option could be making this an assassin tourney? or it might be worth considering intergrating @SgtPatton 's neutral player experiments. just throwing ideas out there..

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
for me personally map variety is a must. fixed forced is fun, but not so much in duels, so if this should be a 3vs3 format my vote is for chance. but could be nice to break up the duel format and make this 3 or multiple way games maybe? not sure how many players we would have, but say we had f.ex. 24 in total distributed over 8 teams, one option could be playing every game with everyone, and giving out points in order of survival: last team standing 5 points, runner up 3, etc? in any case, i think it could bring some variety to drop the round robin formula for a change. if we are not playing duels i would also be on board with fixed force, i am in the FF club after all. another option could be making this an assassin tourney? or it might be worth considering intergrating @SgtPatton 's neutral player experiments. just throwing ideas out there..
Thanks once. In no hurry to start. I'm hoping for 8 teams as you mentioned. Different maps for sure. I was thinking of the 'neutral' but I haven't even tried a N game...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I think a different preselected map each round wld be nice. Unlimited anywhere,
unlimited anywhere is a tough sell...different maps for sure. FF tourney in the summer, as I too belong to the FF clan...

Stormcat

Awesome Player
good suggestions! i like the idea of some variety to the round robin format. maybe 3v3s on a couple of smaller maps and 3v3v3v3 on larger maps. also like the idea of assassin games and at least one with everyone in one game as suggested above

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I'd be happy to set up a 3x3 match with 2 or 3 teams with 2 active and 1 neutral player each, just to give it a try to see how it flies.

One suggestion would be that it's an elimination game, that is the first player active or neutral to be defeated and that team is defeated.

Want to give it a try? I'm game. Anyone else want to give it a try? 3 more players needed for a 2 teams match, 5 for a 3 teams match.

UPDATE: Bilsi "I'm in"

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'd be happy to set up a 3x3 match with 2 or 3 teams with 2 active and 1 neutral player each, just to give it a try to see how it flies.

One suggestion would be that it's an elimination game, that is the first player active or neutral to be defeated and that team is defeated.

Want to give it a try? I'm game. Anyone else want to give it a try? 3 more players needed for a 2 teams match, 5 for a 3 teams match.
I'm in

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Awesome Bilsi, 2 more players needed to go 2 teams or 4 more players to go 3 teams of 2 active & 1 neutral per team

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
which map, settings?
hi Daniel7, are you asking about the 3x3 with +n? 2 maps - classic massive and euro massive, escalate, three anywhere, chance.

want in?