• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

11-11-11

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Sincerest thanks to all those who gave their all so we may be free.
"LEST WE FORGET "

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
my uncle is in the Canadian Military, and is in Germany right now with his wife (also in the military)
they've been there for almost 5 years, he told me Veterans Day/Remembrance Day there in Germany is definitely a humbling experience.. i know it's a day of remembrance for all soldiers lost, in all wars/et c.. but, World War 2 was/is certainly the most memorable, and for that reason alone, i cannot even imagine being in Germany while people remember that...

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
oh, and ps.. it's not 11/11/11 it's 11/11/10... :p

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
oh, and ps.. it's not 11/11/11 it's 11/11/10... :p

the 11-11-11 refers to,

Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the official end of World War I on that date in 1918, as the major hostilities of World War I were formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice. (Note that "at the 11th hour", refers to the passing of the 11th hour, or 11:00 a.m.)

Just sayin.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
the 11-11-11 refers to,

Just sayin.

thanks for 'just sayin'...
i'm an ignorant Canadian...
and while in school we learn world history, we don't learn all the little details...
or if we do, only the ones whomever is educating us, chooses.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
.. and let's face it, it's not really a subject i am going to run around educating myself about.
probably because it didn't really affect me personally, but mostly because, it's too depressing...

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
.. and let's face it, it's not really a subject i am going to run around educating myself about.
probably because it didn't really affect me personally, but mostly because, it's too depressing...

I wouldn't feel too bad, I'm a bit of a war buff and I thought the same thing, "it's 11-11-10, not 11-11-11."