• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Why is game 2954 not over?

coolname

Awesome Player
lh34 and I just conquered the whole of Europe in a mercenary doubles game. Only some neutrals left. However, no victory screen yet. Why not? Do we need to kill of the neutrals as well? (Game #2954)

coolname

Awesome Player
Aarghh, and I just gave 100+ armies to lh34. Stupid rule! (you do both get the points right?)

Upvote 0

coolname

Awesome Player
Sorry to harp on. Stubborn as I am, I went and looked in the WIKI to find that <stupid> rule. This is what I came up with:

Mercenary
Players gain points from every other player they eliminate. In team games, points are awarded for eliminating players, rather than teams. http://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Objective

On http://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Team_Games lots of stuff about being a good team mate (<whine>and I am/was!</whine>), but nothing about having to eliminate each other.

ghost, you sure that is the rule (ie in mercenary team games you have to eventually commit fratricide and kill your partner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
it is at the moment because there is a bug that causes such...
we've actually asked people to not choose doubles as a setting for Merc games for the time being..
until we get the kinks figured out... so, yes my friend, i am sure.. and sadly, you may die...
keep your head held high though, i've lost like 10 doubles merc games in my time here. lol.

Upvote 0

coolname

Awesome Player
Yup, I'll take my loss, for the further advancement of this great game (beta means "no whining", that is in the Wiki somewhere, I'm sure)

Upvote 0

lh34

Awesome Player
I really don't want to eliminate coolname, as we were a team and it just feels wrong to eliminate your teammate. Is there anyway that the game can just be ended?

On another note, I'm not complaining here at all, I'm just curious to why not both people in a team mercenary game don't get points for each other player eliminated, as unless I eliminate coolname, (which I would rather not do) I won't get any points from this game as I failed to eliminate a single player.

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
just curious to why not both people in a team mercenary game don't get points for each other player eliminated

Because its currently broken.

We turned off the option to start mercenary team games a few days ago, but Im guessing you guys started this game prior to that. Anyways for now, its just a bug... not by design.

This is a high priority item that is being fixed. Thanks.

Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
We turned off the option to start mercenary team games a few days ago

I just started a game to see if this is true. If I pick the option to play a team game FIRST before I choose any others, then click on mercenary, it allows you to continue with those choices. Right after you click mercenary, the options for doubles, trips, and quads disappear, but when you pick the # of players (needs to be a viable amount of players given the team option chosen), the highlighted option of doubles or quads that you first picked show again and you are able to play team mercenary games.

I messed around with different ways to get around it and noticed also that if you pick the # of players, then a team option, then mercenary, the team options disappear but if you reclick on the # of players you want to play with, the team options come back.

evan said:
Anyways for now, its just a bug
Just thought you'd like to know that!

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
all i can say lh34 is that we've had a lot of bugs with the Merc games, double and otherwise.
expect to see big changes in the Mercenary gameplay, et c. soon'ish.

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
If I pick the option to play a team game FIRST before I choose any others, then click on mercenary, it allows you to continue with those choices. Right after you click mercenary, the options for doubles, trips, and quads disappear, but when you pick the # of players (needs to be a viable amount of players given the team option chosen), the highlighted option of doubles or quads that you first picked show again and you are able to play team mercenary games.

Fix: Dont do the following: pick the option to play a team game first, then click mercenary, and then pick the # of players.

pick the # of players, then a team option, then mercenary, the team options disappear but if you reclick on the # of players you want to play with, the team options come back.

Fix: Dont do the following: pick the # of players, then a tem option, then click mercenary, and then reclick the # of players.

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Just kiddin man. I'll get it added to the list. Thanks!

Upvote 0