• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Why does the game pick like colors?

FantomKoala

Awesome Player
I understand in larger games the need to use similar hues, but every three player game I have joined it makes two players basically the same color. Seems like it would be smarter to use a set rotation of colors based on players in the game and only start using the similar colors when the numbers of players is high.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The colors are based on the colors you have previously selected for those players. I can't remember if it's also connected to the map, or just the players. I'll have look deeper in to the code, but I think if you made player blabla yellow last game, then player blabla will start yellow again in your next game. If it is a new player that you have not played against, then it might just take a color from the top of the list. Still, don't take my word for it, it's been a couple years since we roughly coded the color select aspect of Beta. We were going to revisit it again later....

Upvote 0

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
I think what FantomKoala asked about was the original color pick before customizing. Maybe, instead of assigning random colrs, similar colors could be internally classfied into color sets, and a second color from the same set is only assigned when one color has already been used from each set. Same for third color and so on.

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Yes, the colour selection in the new engine is a complete mess - starting with the order of the colours, which is worse than random

Upvote 0