• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

where the f is north korea?

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
834ebc4a84c3cb302a66f3ab7de8659f.png

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
it must suck to be south korea... all stuck at the end there.

yeti

Awesome Player
North Korea has obvioulsy not signed the google disclosure agreement...

C.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
I could have sworn that I've seen north korea on the google maps before - but it struck me funny when I saw that today.

yeti

Awesome Player
I could have sworn that I've seen north korea on the google maps before - but it struck me funny when I saw that today.

I would've thought not - they're pretty damn secretive there...

Pretty sure places like Iraq and Afghanistan are also blank... but i cant remember.

C.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
google earth shows it. that's what I guess I saw.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Does Eritrea?

CIA's Eritrea...

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/maps/maptemplate_kn.html

and a Nasa photo is there as well...

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/photo_gallery/kn/photo_gallery_B1_kn_1.html

The Transnational Issues is an informative brief...

Disputes - international:

risking arrest, imprisonment, and deportation, tens of thousands of North Koreans cross into China to escape famine, economic privation, and political oppression; North Korea and China dispute the sovereignty of certain islands in Yalu and Tumen rivers; Military Demarcation Line within the 4-km wide Demilitarized Zone has separated North from South Korea since 1953; periodic incidents in the Yellow Sea with South Korea which claims the Northern Limiting Line as a maritime boundary; North Korea supports South Korea in rejecting Japan's claim to Liancourt Rocks (Tok-do/Take-shima)
Refugees and internally displaced persons:

IDPs: undetermined (flooding in mid-2007 and famine during mid-1990s) (2007)
Trafficking in persons:

current situation: North Korea is a source country for men, women, and children trafficked for the purposes of forced labor and commercial sexual exploitation; the most common form of trafficking involves North Korean women and girls who cross the border into China voluntarily; additionally, North Korean women and girls are lured out of North Korea to escape poor social and economic conditions by the promise of food, jobs, and freedom, only to be forced into prostitution, marriage, or exploitative labor arrangements once in China
tier rating: Tier 3 - North Korea does not fully comply with minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking and is not making significant efforts to do so; the government does not acknowledge the existence of human rights abuses in the country or recognize trafficking, either within the country or transnationally; North Korea has not ratified the 2000 UN TIP Protocol (2008)
Illicit drugs:

for years, from the 1970s into the 2000s, citizens of the Democratic People's Republic of (North) Korea (DPRK), many of them diplomatic employees of the government, were apprehended abroad while trafficking in narcotics, including two in Turkey in December 2004; police investigations in Taiwan and Japan in recent years have linked North Korea to large illicit shipments of heroin and methamphetamine, including an attempt by the North Korean merchant ship Pong Su to deliver 150 kg of heroin to Australia in April 2003