• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

what happened to the long & short lists & how to keep track of good ideas? also happy new year

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
so this roadmap to the future thread has some great ideas for future improvements like the time extension @periwinkle brought up . obviously getting the site running properly again is the main objective for the time being, but i am wondering what the best way to discuss & keep track of such possible improvements is going forward. i am posting this in the suggestion & ideas part of the forum as a question, b/c this is where it seems to belong? it looks a little cluttered here too. the long & short lists dont seem to be in use, and masterj's THE LIST is unfortunately just a collection of dead links. i dont know how to solve this, but it would be nice to have an easily accessible collection of ideas for a) discussion & b) order of importance for implementation. maybe the long & short lists could be reinstated again? should there be a voting system for ideas? should this even be publicly discussed?
i know that there really are much more pressing issues atm, it would just be a shame for good ideas to be buried and forgotten in some badly organised threads. so for starters & the record i would just nominate peri's time extension suggestion above. but i am sure there is so much more.
& happy new year everyone.

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
so this roadmap to the future thread has some great ideas for future improvements like the time extension @periwinkle brought up . obviously getting the site running properly again is the main objective for the time being, but i am wondering what the best way to discuss & keep track of such possible improvements is going forward. i am posting this in the suggestion & ideas part of the forum as a question, b/c this is where it seems to belong? it looks a little cluttered here too. the long & short lists dont seem to be in use, and masterj's THE LIST is unfortunately just a collection of dead links. i dont know how to solve this, but it would be nice to have an easily accessible collection of ideas for a) discussion & b) order of importance for implementation. maybe the long & short lists could be reinstated again? should there be a voting system for ideas? should this even be publicly discussed?
i know that there really are much more pressing issues atm, it would just be a shame for good ideas to be buried and forgotten in some badly organised threads. so for starters & the record i would just nominate peri's time extension suggestion above. but i am sure there is so much more.
& happy new year everyone.
Great ideas, Once.

If the answer to public discussion is "Yes", then maybe a Discord server? I've used it before (never set it up), and it seems to be a good solution for discussions and idea repository.

Maybe down the road though -- as you say, probably more basic issues being solved at the moment.

-MTH

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I can run a Discord server if needed...

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
yes. that is how it looks too, a massive amount of work for sure. i dont know how forums work. but maybe there is a way to resuscitate those links? they are pointing towards an older forum, is that it?

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
yeah, my guess is it got broken when we moved to the new forum infrastructure. The threads are all still out there somewhere

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
wow....i love the list! add this to it tho (mostly about time extensions and having the full 24 hours to do the turn...post below)