• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

What do you want to see in a map?

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Hey Rockland, this is probably a browser issue. Make sure you've set your browser's zoom to 100%, otherwise you lose troop containers.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
You know what I want to see in a map? I want a conquest style map (see 12 Domains) of a familiar, real-life geographic area, with 400+ regions and lots of little bonuses strewn all over the map. A map where it doesn't matter who goes first, and which is fun in a variety of game settings. If only...

ObThundersnot

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
And where is the follow-up to the ... ? Leaving us hanging, Shepherd? Something tells me you already have something like this ready and waiting...or at least close to being tested.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I havent p..ost for a while here, since many sugestions are awaiting, sincee the last few maps where huge maps (including the lastt one that is in the oven) I would love a 24 regions map same as mini or duck & cover...

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
And where is the follow-up to the ... ? Leaving us hanging, Shepherd? Something tells me you already have something like this ready and waiting...or at least close to being tested.

:wink:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
map idea; gondwana in proces

Hi, here is a smal map idea, 24 regions, it could have bombards (no bombs but the same sistem as d&c or the ships in philipines) or drop zones as africa map its bassed on GONDWANA, how was the earth before the continents fled away, the pic is just an example with the # of regions

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
No one loves small maps?

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I agree that we're in need of another small map, and something that is 1v1 friendly. I'm not sure this is it, but my mind is open.

ric2626

Awesome Player
My wishlist: Italy (Renaissance or present), Spain, Ancient Greece.

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
small maps are my favorite

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
dungeon-4.jpg

Ok so this might have come up before but what about for something rather different a D&D style map where each room has different challenges (differing amounts of troops to kill for different bonuses) and maybe stacked bonuses so taking 3 'red rooms' would double the bonus you receive from them.

Then start players from different sides of the map (like 12 domains) so they first have to grab some bonuses before they can tackle each other.

Dont know if the picture illustrates what I'm tying to say too well but if the map has any interest let me know and I can jump on photoshop and see if I can knock a rough up with some rules?

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
dungeon-4.jpg

Ok so this might have come up before but what about for something rather different a D&D style map where each room has different challenges (differing amounts of troops to kill for different bonuses) and maybe stacked bonuses so taking 3 'red rooms' would double the bonus you receive from them.

Then start players from different sides of the map (like 12 domains) so they first have to grab some bonuses before they can tackle each other.

Dont know if the picture illustrates what I'm tying to say too well but if the map has any interest let me know and I can jump on photoshop and see if I can knock a rough up with some rules?

I love the idea here

RogueLynx

Awesome Player
what about a map where you've got 5 groups of cities from different geographical locations. there are 5-6 cities in each group. so b/w 25 and 30 cities in total. each city is divided into 5-12 territories and acts as an individual command. cities of the same group are linked to each other via railways/highways/waterways. one of the cities in each group has an airfield associated with it. capture the airfield to paradrop whatever troops you have stationed there to any one of several designated drop points in another city group on your next turn. so i capture the airfield and have 4 troops stationed there at the end of my turn. next turn i deploy five more and now i can drop a total of 9 troops at whichever drop point. but its a oneway trip. the airfield resets to neutral once the drop is made. like the Sea of Japan but a little different because it doesn't reset until you've moved out. one will have to make it so that when you select a point to drop to, it automatically blitzes and advances all. that is possible right? (please say yes). the drop points exist in the outlying areas of cities and can't be attacked from the city. like the ship in Mexican-American War. and once you move your troops out of a drop point it resets to neutral.

Last edited:

9lives2live

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
Spaceballs
I agree! I would like to see a map for constellations possibly? A star map or solar system domination.

9lives2live

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
Spaceballs
I like the ideas by steelrain, esp. for a pandemic, or pangea type map.

9lives2live

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
Spaceballs
I think a good expansion for maps would be from major cities/landmarks. New York City with the five neighborhoods, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Manhatten, or could be L.A. for larger size map, or other world class tourist cities.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I would like to see a map where there are headquarters or capitals (like the VIP or Targets Acquired) map. It was really fun in a recent game to eliminate a team with a huge troop lead, but with relatively unguarded VIPs. A real twist.

I’d also be interested if neutral terts could or target/VIP had some cards so that there would be a bonus for capturing them.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The test run of the 400 tert American West was awesome. It really has some great tactics. It would be great to play it with some other settings, but I understand that the game engine gets too bogged down with that map.