• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

What do you want to see in a map?

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
If it's not too late to recommend ... I would recommend doing it for the "Isle of Ynisol" ... as it's the cool domain that stands out ... though the grass is greener in "Northern Boreal"

The forgotten kingdom it was, but shep just mentioned it once in a post, maybe the idea is freezed somewhere

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Shep himself said he abandoned the idea as people care a lot more about maps with real places as opposed to fictional.

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
Shep himself said he abandoned the idea as people care a lot more about maps with real places as opposed to fictional.

From what I have heard and experienced 12 Domains has a huge fan club, and I am certain many fans and non-fans alike would love to see another amazingly creative masterpiece like 12 Domains come to life. Especially if it's a sequal. I think the idea of taking a domain and giving it its own life as a new map is brilliant!

Another idea to spice things up and make things interesting and fun may be real places ... but alternative history ... Have you ever wondered ... "What if ...? "

For example:

In 1776, the American Resistance Movement is violently put down by British Regulars. The Continental Congress is summarily executed, and dreams of American Independence falter for almost 40 years. Then, in 1811, a new group of revolutionaries assemble, determined to topple British Rule. They are successful, and the United States of America is born. The colonial powers in the region, however, have succeeded at getting a much more secure foothold in the Americas, and the prospect of freedom is again threatened by the powers that be in Europe in the "present day" of 1936:

IjtbSdy.png

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar

Even if we do a real location versus a fictional one, I'd still love to see another conquest map. Lots of neutrals to fight through, and auto-deploys make for some interesting game play.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Blublank: have you seen the up and coming Roman Empire map? it has auto-deploys and neutrals to start with etc....

jburl

Awesome Player
I would also like to see more Conquest style maps. I really like the Twelve Domains map. I wonder if Classic Massive could be played Conquest style?

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I know it's hard to give every region and country a map, but a NZ or Pacific Island map would be really interesting.

Mog

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I have an idea for a map:

Being that I live in the US, I would love to see a map of the different regions inside the country. More like a magnified version of the USA map that is already made, this map could focus on a specific region such as a certain state, or a group of states like (the Midwest) or something. As for picking which region to do we could take a site wide vote on the area that we would like to see done so that way we would be making a map that most people want to play on

Tree-of-Souls

Awesome Player
What if... I want to see a what if. Something a bit different – what if the world's history didn't go the way it has gone. What if other, less successful tribes and civilisations were more dominant in their era –*what would an atlas look like? Would the US be drawn up with a ruler and Europe by a guy with a tremor?

How was the world as Genghis Khan saw it? Like this?

bqTfwkr.jpg

Or Stalin:

Cof2CI9.jpg

Churchill & the Allies

zfUZy0B.jpg

The new world:

D6liWDF.png

The reason I love maps, in the real world, is because they tell a story. Older maps represent a time in history when the world was different; maps created in different countries tend to feature what they see as important – this is why Europe is so big on many map projections, why GMT is centred in the map, and probably why 'north' is top and not down. Would Aboriginal Australians put themselves at the top?

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
How about this XKCD map? It's of all the solid surfaces in the solar system. So Earth is a decent chunk of it, but there is mars, venus, moons, and asteroids. http://www.xkcd.com/1389/

BAB00N

Awesome Player
The Borg
The Embassy
Thats a cool map! love the site as well :)

Raken

Awesome Player
I would like to see a NZ land wars map, using iwi boundaries etc

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I would like to see a NZ land wars map, using iwi boundaries etc
Looks to me like there wouldn't be very many regions to fight over.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'd think the absolute minimum is 24, same as CMini and Duck and Cover.

Raken

Awesome Player
Here is a list of Iwi boundries, we could probably even split the South Island a bit more too

Attachments

• Kupe1.png
    Kupe1.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 75

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Keep in mind that any terts have to be big enough to put a troop container in, and there also has to be space for the names to be turned on. I'd suggest consolidating some terts on the northern island and make more in the south

OneEyed

Awesome Player
I think it is fine to have any concept in maps. maps could cover different areas and also different time periods. for me is the best when map has any idea, so map is about any event. but this event must be showed in map anyway, it is too little just named map after event which is not showed here.

Classic Maps are nice. they cover old map to modern map. there is nothing to need more. here we can count also North America, South America, USA with "basic" gameplay.
the Balkan Peninsula, Brittish Isles, Far Eats Asia, Middle Eats Asia, Mars have some spice in gameplay.
the bets map for me is Africa. the map covers different area as others, the map has idea about conflicts in Africa and they are also showed in map (conflict zones, parachutes...)
Cold War Europe has awesome graphic idea and is also fine, but there are some historic inaccuracies.
I like antique and Rivals of Rome could be great map. but unfortunately it has nothing to do with time period which map showed. commands are totaly of kingdoms and empires of that time.
the newest map The Mexican-American map is just map of this area without anything correspond to this war. no military camps, no extra attacks (except one oneway attack).

it is question how much historic, geographic accurate MC wants be. so it is just my opinion that maps could be so accurate as is possible and the best maps are with a little complex gameplay and with any idea behind map. not just map about any area.

OneEyed

jasmine1978

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
The Borg
i'm quite new 2 this site only been playing about a month i absolutely love it & am genuinely hooked :)

i have 3 map ideas i don't know if u will like them & there just basic conceptual ideas:

1) EUROPA-LAND a large in depth map of europe with maybe capital cities giving bonus troops?

2) PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN a detailed map of the caribbean islands with ships & treasure added into the equation?

3) INDIANA a detailed map of just india with lots of natural barriers to divide the map up abit i.e. mountains, rivers, lakes, deserts & forests?