• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

What do you say when the dice are in your favor?

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
So for all the complaints about bad dice, we've all had times when the dice are in our favor (sometimes ridiculously so). When you find yourself on a hot streak, do you ever say anything in game chat, to gloat or apologize or commiserate or whatever? I find this especially attenuated in 1v1 games, where an anomalous +10 or -10 turn can pretty much end an otherwise tightly contested game.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I generally say that my dice were extremely favorable. Its courteous.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I generally say that my dice were extremely favorable. Its courteous.

And on the flip side. When you get screwed by the dice. Just say "good game" and walk away. Don't even mention your bad dice unless the other player is courteous enough to acknowledge them.

While it may be entirely justified, blaming a loss on the dice completely denigrates anything the other player has done.

Fitzy up there has won any number of games where I'm sure he actually got hosed by the dice. Yet he is still an "awesome" enough player to overcome this and still win.

mapguy

Awesome Player
Nothing wrong with saying something like "did you see that ?", or something similar. It's when you mention it in a way that decry's of it somehow being unfair or not legitimate, that it turns to bad sportsmanship.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
I say nothing,don't wanna incur the wrath of the dice gods.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Fitzy up there has won any number of games where I'm sure he actually got hosed by the dice. Yet he is still an "awesome" enough player to overcome this and still win.

you got a little spot on your nose, right THERE........

murphy16

Awesome Player
I say nothing cause when I do, my good dice disappear lol

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
LOL I had some guy accuse me of cheating not so long ago because I had some nice dice luck for the first couple of rounds... I tried to explain that was the nature of randomness but he was having none of it.. Also, If I want someone not to win a particular fight it is not unknown for me to shout profanities and make "explosion noises" while pointing at their country repeatedly. Yes, I know, I'm weird. Can't count the amount of times its saved my ass though! ;)

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Lady Luck must find your home made sound effects charming masterjskye. I say nothing, unless its an extrem case and then maybe only "bad dice for me" or "lucky rolls". But I must admit I have starred at the numbers in realtime games and thinking it helps.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

Some sure. But the one real time class mass game I really lost straight up to landmine, the dice were just insanely horrible, and I was bitchin like the little girl I can be when I see bad rolls.

The rest I did overcome though. Its just what happened. :)

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
LOL I had some guy accuse me of cheating not so long ago because I had some nice dice luck for the first couple of rounds... I tried to explain that was the nature of randomness but he was having none of it.. Also, If I want someone not to win a particular fight it is not unknown for me to shout profanities and make "explosion noises" while pointing at their country repeatedly. Yes, I know, I'm weird. Can't count the amount of times its saved my ass though! ;)

Well, technically, that is cheating. The human brain has been proven to be able to change the outcome of electrical systems and influence them, so by focusing all your anger at the screen you may very well be influencing the outcome of the dice in some infitesimal way, which very much could be considered cheating.

I know this, because Ive done it.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Your interpretation of what's little may be a bit different than mine.... :)

Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, since the boy is a master of subtle sarcasm.....

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, since the boy is a master of subtle sarcasm.....

You should have actually given no doubt, because the awesome in quotes, made it quite clear...lol.

Of course, it may have also been lost on some, that my statement was meant to mock myself as I often subtly do....;)

I simply dont see why everyone else should have all the fun.

Last edited: