• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Twelve Domains Western disadvantage in 12 domains?

johnjdc

Awesome Player
Hi - never noticed this before but I am in a 12 domains game with 1 reinforcement, border. I hold Greigog. The best tactic in this set-up is to conquer territories one at once, before spilling out directly from the castle, so as not to 'trap' your troops. However I, and the island player, can only hold 4 territories before finding ourselves blocked in, whereas I think each other region can hold five. Am I missing something?

AzariahBANNED

Awesome Player
You may not have noticed but the 3 closest to the Dragon Tower are set up so you can only hold 4 and the other 9 are set up so that you can hold 5 without trapping yourself in. I would suspect that the map designer did this to offset the small advantage that those three territories have by having best access to the Tower :)

If not then it is a happy coincidence!

johnjdc

Awesome Player
I don't think that theory works, because actually most regions are 7 hops from the tower, and the two which are 6 are evenly spread, not all the ones with 4 possible occupations (eg Eldirgrad).